Manufacturing EngineerPortsmouthCompetitive SalaryPermanent
This new role presents a fantastic opportunity to join the Production team at our client based just outside Portsmouth.Summary of role and responsibilities:
The successful candidate with be able to; lead projects and process improvements on efficiency, cost reduction, safety, sustainability, or quality of all production operations according to business value. Take ownership of process development and upscale. Apply Lean principles, standardise process robustness/capability and waste reduction. Liaise with other functions to ensure the processes and procedures that are needed to maintain systems are established, understood and implemented as well as the ability to lead training activities for production processes and procedures. Manage the transfer and procurement of production equipment and support with the introduction. Actively participate in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures. Responsible for the sign off as fit for manufacture and ultimate production process owner. Provide support to defining operating parameters in systems, investigations of non-conformance issues and implement solutions and process risk analysis/hazard and operability. Create technical specification to automate process plant. Supply the specification to design partner for detailed process design.Specific responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Oversee and assesses existing processes and workflows.
- Optimizes productivity by designing, implementing and testing new procedures.
- Key member of the GEM Improvement team.
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes.
- Tracks KPI's to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades.
- Communicate findings and proposals to upper management.
- Assess compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Research and development of new equipment to make the company leaner.
- Monitoring of equipment - including regular testing and ensuring maintenance tasks are carried out.
- Completion of documentation to show and ensure compliance with both internal and external regulations and protocols.
- Oversight of processes and working to maintain optimization of the production line.
- Assist Process Technicians in troubleshooting in the event of a problem.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Continual evaluation of equipment and processes to ensure both efficiency and quality remain high.
- Degree in Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in moulding/pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Pharmaceutical qualification understanding- IQ/OQ/PQ
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems- DMAIC
- Proficient with computer and information technology-CAD/Tooling drawings/Mouldflow
- Moulding and tooling experience