Team Leader - Banking Conduct Control£75000 - £88,000 (dependant on Experience) + Bonus + Benefits + subsidised restaurant, PHILondon THE COMPANY
They are a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a collegiate environment.SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
- Ideally be educated to degree standard. CeMap or other regulated mortgage advisory qualification is highly desirable
- Thorough understanding of risks and controls within financial services gained within preferably an unregulated lending business area or environment
- Proven track record of advising on risk mitigation and implementing control frameworks.
- Fastidious eye for detail (including excellent analytical skills, able to identify errors and produce accurate work)
- Excellent appreciation of the control environment , proactive attitude
- Expertise in operational risk management, methodologies and reporting
- Experience of working with internal and external Legal, Compliance and Audit departments.
- People management skills and experience supervising people giving mortgage advice is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of FCA and PRA regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Communication - highly articulate, good presentation skills with the ability to translate the complex into the simple
- Change - Ability to bring about change management through buy-in from peers to new processes
- Organisation - ability to prioritise and work to multiple deadlines
Reporting to the Banking Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Team Leader - Banking Conduct & Control will be responsible for managing conduct and operational risk in the bank's front office (1st Line of Defence).
The overall focus will be to continually enhance the effectiveness of execution and standards of banking practices. The role will involve close collaboration with the Compliance Department and Head of Credit Risk, to ensure appropriate identification and management of Compliance and Regulatory risks. The key objectives will be to:
- Support the bank's Compliance and Risk function and activities at the enterprise level.
- Embed a robust Risk & Control Framework for Banking spanning conduct (including regulated and unregulated lending) and operating risks.
- Promote and maintain a risk-awareness culture within the department.
- Ensure high quality and consistent execution of compliant lending practices across the department and be a central point of reference for the department in regard to MCOB and CONC regulations, procedures and documentation.
- Manage the training and accreditation of Regulated Mortgage Contract (RMC) certified staff.
- Conduct first Line of Defence monitoring reviews and results analysis to ensure work meets internal and regulatory standards, identifying and escalating any compliance gaps/ exceptions/ weaknesses.
- Undertake thematic reviews covering areas of specific concern.
- Present recommendations and guidance on how to achieve best practices and oversee implementation to Banking leadership.
- Represent Banking at designated risk forums and present performance reports.
- Contribute as a SME to new process design to ensure activities are appropriately controlled.
The key responsibilities will include:
Risk Management Framework
- Help to establish, embed and monitor a risk-aware and escalation culture through:
- clearly defined and documented roles, responsibilities and accountability;
- a risk-based Quality Assurance programme with regular MI and reporting; and
- timely and appropriate conduct, compliance and operational risk training.
- Chair the quarterly Managers Risk Forum and represent the department on the Operational Risk Committee, Operational Resilience Committee and associated working groups.
- Own the department's Risk Control Self-Assessment process, providing at least quarterly updates on underlying risks, effectiveness of mitigating controls and any remediation work required.
- Work closely with other departments, notably Compliance, Legal and Product, to understand developments in regulation, process change or technology to ensure risk management framework remains relevant, effective, and efficient.
- Own the department Business Continuity Plan and ensure it remains appropriate
- Review and enhance the existing quality assurance programme ensuring that appropriate controls are in place for all key risks with a clear testing plan.
- Work with process or control owners to ensure controls remain relevant and achievable.
- Manage a team of QA reviewers to perform controls testing on a timely basis.
- Develop an effective suite of Management Information reports for key stakeholders with clear, succinct commentary and recommendations.
- Monitor operational data (quality results, incidents raised, complaints, training requests and audit outputs) to identify the need for any ad-hoc / thematic specific quality assurance reviews.
- Act as an independent feedback loop back to the business, by collating and passing on learnings from reviews undertaken.
- Ensure that all remedial actions (whether from QA or Internal Audit and Compliance Monitoring findings) are appropriate, and that closure is supported by validation and evidence.
Process and control design and enhancement
- Identify gaps in existing processes and controls and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Lead the Policy, Process, Procedures and Controls project, performing an end to end review of department processes and controls to mitigate risks, achieve business efficiencies and improve the customer experience.
- Review and approve process and control design linked to new products, initiatives and projects to ensure any risks are identified and appropriate controls introduced.
- Leverage technology (such as robotics) to improve process and control efficiency and effectiveness through automation.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in and have the relevant skill set and experience required, please APPLY now or call me on 020 7 3370011 OR 0207 3370044 for a confidential chat or to see a more detailed specification
Due to the level of applications it will not be possible to respond to individual applicants unless you have been successful in the CV pre-selection process.