Test Lead - Senior Consultant
As a member of the P2 Consulting community, you will drive the development, winning and delivery of consulting solutions to support a breadth of client needs. This includes supporting network development, client bids, the development of solutions to enhance the Company's services, the mobilisation of client facing projects, and the client site delivery of projects.
As a member of the Quality Assurance & Testing Practice you will more specifically support the delivery of business solutions to meet the needs of our clients. What Will Your Role Be ?
- Analyse projects, plan the creation and execution of testing tasks and the management of onshore / offshore test resource whilst conforming to Testing Services processes and standards.
- Work with and support Test Managers, Project Managers, Development Managers and Business Analysts to ensure integration, system, end to end and regression testing is performed as specified and intended by the Business and Functional Requirements documentation.
Test Lead Accountabilities
- Test Managers
- Programme / Project Mangers
- Development Managers
- Business Analysts
- Specialist Testing Vendors
- Manage all Test analysts both internally, from external vendors and any staff seconded from the Business who may work in Testing Services engagements.
- Full responsibility for the planning and management of all testing activities within complex IT projects or programmes, evaluating risk potential based on the results of the testing during all stages of development in line with the future agreed development life cycle and quality processes.
- Facilitate 'MTP (Master Test Planning)' workshops with all relevant stakeholders (in absence of Test Manager).
- Deliver project documentation at implementation including Test Completion Reports in line with the Testing Services templates.
- Monitor and control the testing effort and publish daily / weekly testing metrics required to manage the testing activities.
- Manage all third-party testing personnel from preferred vendors
o Creation, review, and execution of Test Scripts in the selected test repository
o Track, review and conclude defects in the selected test repository
o Responsible for sign off of allocated test tasks
Test Lead Skillset:
- Operate as a specialist and consultant on all aspects of testing and give advice to both users and management to determine the most appropriate testing strategies for projects.
- Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialised testing tools and techniques. Help to set priorities that balance desirable against practical testing strategies.
- Maintain good knowledge of, advise on and justify testing processes.
- Advise on, define and justify internal and external standards, methods and procedures for general testing applicability.
- Liaise with Programme / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects. Agree quality criteria and corrective action.
- Advise resource managers on the development and training issues for testing staff.
- Control acceptance of software from external suppliers.
The Test Lead position is ideally suited to a pro-active test analyst with experience of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment who can demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Senior Test Analyst - all aspects of testing (Integration, system, end to end and regression).
- Corporate, Industry and Professional Testing and IT Standards (ISTQB Foundation - minimum).
- Testing principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the lifecycle of development projects.
- Team leadership of test analysts.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship-building, at all levels.
- Project (test) planning, estimation, and work allocation.
- Role model for Testing Services.
- Service delivery on time with acceptable quality.
Essential Test Lead Qualities Include:
- Motivation of team members.
- Good experience of formal testing methodologies.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the test life cycle.
- Knowledge of formal defect management.
- A strong understanding of the principles of testing.
- Able to differentiate between the different types of testing and their purposes.
- Knowledge of at least one functional and one non-functional automated test application
- Excellent communication skills.
- Constantly challenge self and inspire others to meet ambitious goals and deliver exceptional performance.
- Be passionate about IT Testing Services.
- Respect and promote the standards that are testing services licence to do business and find intelligent ways to apply them.
- Ownership, initiative, and positive approach ('can-do' attitude).
- Desire to 'champion' Testing Services and work disciplines.
- Consultative; keeping Test managers and customers 'in the loop'.
- Calm and decisive under pressure.