SteadyPay is a leading and award-winning London based FinTech start-up, designed specifically for those engaged in the gig economy. SteadyPay's vision is to become the lifetime financial partner of gig-economy workers globally.
SteadyPay's app enables gig economy workers to enjoy regular income even when they work irregular hours (due to such factors as reduced shifts, fewer bookings, time off sick and holidays). Using the SteadyPay mobile app, customers securely link to their bank via open banking. When our customers earn below average, we provide a top-up, advancing money straight to the customer's bank to bring their income back. We challenge banks and traditional lenders by not charging interest or any other fees - we are a subscription credit service, think Netflix for credit.
By protecting income from volatility, we're enabling gig-economy workers to budget with confidence for everyday bills and essentials. Therefore reducing the need to use high-cost credit solutions that trigger debt spirals.
However, from time to time everyone experiences financial difficulties and we would like to ensure that we help our customers to achieve a fair and reasonable outcome. We are looking for a Collections Specialist - Consumer Credit (£20-30k subject to experience) to help us deliver on this goal.What you'll be doing
- Navigating customers through the collections process, in accordance with internal processes as well as UK regulations.
- Reaching out to customers and responding to their enquiries via emails, texts, phone calls and in-app chat.
- Liaising with 3rd parties as appropriate, including debt management companies and non-for-profit debt agencies.
- Managing and maintaining the collections portfolio as well as reporting on it on a regular basis.
- Working with other parts of SteadyPay on improving the product and process to minimise collections and improve customer experience.
- You have good people's skills and keen on helping our customers achieve the best outcome possible
- You have experience within customer collections and or recoveries environment
- You understand of UK laws and FCA regulations around consumer credit
- You are very hands-on and a self-starter who wants to work hard and doesn't need much supervision
- You are organised and analytical person who is good with data
- You have a good command of Microsoft Excel
- You are fun and keen on working in an exciting start-up environment
The role is normally based in our office in Notting Hill with flexible working hours and remote option available - we are focused on getting the job done rather than watching the clock!