Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Quality Assurance Lead to join us permanently to work on our major projects located around the UK.Scope:
As Quality Assurance Lead you will be responsible for delivering key QA/QC within the Programme Management Office for a complex portfolio of capital construction work and industrial operations.Roles and Responsibilities:
• Management and coordination of Engineering Development Management System in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements
• Manage Engineering Development internal audit programme including conducting internal system and project audit
• Support the development of the Business Growth Strategy for the Quality and Inspection Service business.
• Provide valued reimbursable quality management services to projects and clients.
• Responsibility for delivering QA/QC oversight and assurance arrangements for project personnel including third party sub-contractors
• Providing surveillance and expediting services across the Project supply chain and its activities
• Ensuring procedures and management processes are maintained in line with corporate standard, participate in management assessments and customer feedback
• Management and coordination of the project quality activities in line with project requirements
• Provide guidance and advice to project teams on quality issues
• Encourage learning from experience (LFE) to aid continual improvement
• Ensuring all project documentation is kept up to date in line with overall project status.
• Conduct quality assessments of potential suppliers/sub-contractors
• Conduct audits and surveillance visits on suppliers and sub-contractors
• Close liaison with customer representatives on all project quality assurance matters
• Represent quality management during attendance at project meetings
• Development, preparation, issue and control of quality related project documentation
• Identify opportunities for improvement
• Recommend corrective and preventive action as applicable to ensure that the processes remain effective to deliver the needs of the business and the client's requirements
• Promote good quality attitudes and behaviours.Experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in relevant discipline or equivalent
- A proven track record in quality management - systems and product/service delivery. With demonstrable knowledge of procedures and methods relevant to the quality field together with full understanding of underlying quality principles, tools and techniques.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of whole project lifecycle discipline activities such as engineering and manufacturing activities i.e. design, project management, engineering, procurement.
- Possession of appropriate professional qualification, together with substantive experience of quality audit and assurance in a project delivery and operations environment
- Accredited to an appropriate professional body e.g. CQI, IRCA
- Lead Auditor Certification ISO 9001
- A proven track record in training and delivery of quality improvement tools & techniques and leading improvement programmes & behavioural change
- Experience of the application of quality management systems including quality assurance planning, quality management and quality control
- Able to communicate clearly and present in a professional, articulate manner and work effectively in and leading teams
- Experience of Lean/ Visual Management/Line of Sight implementation
Amentum are equal opportunities employer