CASCO Pet is a global business specialising in pet and aquatic shop fitting and revolutionary veterinary clinical housing with manufacturing and sales operations around the world. We are proud of our reputation for innovative and flexible designs which place us as the market leader in the pet and veterinary industry.
Established in 1997, our Head Office is based in the UK with offices across Europe (Germany, France, and Portugal) and the USA and Australia.
We are proud of our reputation for innovative and flexible designs which place us as the market leader in the pet and veterinary industry. Our sales ambition is matched by the highest commitment to customer service. We provide stores with dynamic 'retail theatre' through the provision of our beautiful, innovative habitats for live animals and fish and our ground-breaking veterinary clinical housing range. Trusted by loyal clients across the globe, our products and services are tailor made for any business habitats requirement. We have truly earned our reputation as the leading 'Pet Retail Experts'. Our global reach coupled with local teams, gives us unrivalled pet retail experience and knowledge. This allows us to fuse the latest, greatest, and most exciting display technologies into, balanced and cutting-edge habitats for a whole range of animals across the globe.
We are seeking a commercially oriented and detail focused individual, with a strong track record as an Assistant Accountant, to provide support to the CASCO Group HQ finance team, and to work closely with our global divisions in the USA, Portugal and Germany. The individual will need to be able to work under pressure, with minimum supervision, and meet given deadlines.
The role of Assistant Accountant (Casco Europe) is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing finance team and the opportunity to develop both your and the company's finance expertise. We are going through an exciting time; great opportunities are on the horizon and the company is growing at a fast pace. We are looking for a high level of talent with passion to succeed and there are great opportunities for those who want to progress and succeed in their career. We are offering a competitive salary package, based on experience and skills.
As Assistant Accountant, you will be supporting the Group Accountant preparing and looking after the accounts for the multiple growing businesses within our global organisation.Key accountabilities - main areas of responsibility within Accounts
Role Related Expertise required (Qualifications & Experience)
- Raise Sales Orders and check against quotes
- Raise Purchase orders and post invoices on Sage X3
- Raise Sales invoices and credit notes for Install/Services
- Create pro-forma invoices
- Credit control (Inc credit checks when required)
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Process customer payments including early settlement
- Updates to deposit and payment logs
- Reduce and prevent the culmination of customer debt
- Assist in Month End tasks
- Assist in Audit tasks
- Handle suppliers and customers queries.
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets Register
- Prepare prepayments and accruals schedule
- Intrastat submission
- Part-qualified or studying towards AAT or accounting qualification
- At least 2 years' experience in finance and AR
- Good understanding of, or experience in using an ERP system in a large organisation
- Advanced experience of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Competent working knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Experience working in a global business
- Experience of working with sales teams
- Experience of working in multi-currency transaction handling
- German speaking will be advantageous Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in an organised fashion, often under pressure with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- A real team player
- High level of numeracy
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong organisation and administration skills
- Possess ability to implement change and drive improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills - ability to develop a solution
- Highly motivated, excellent communicator
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt with business needs
- Ability to work under pressure to strict timescales
- Very high-quality standards
- Being discrete, trustworthy, and reliable
Please apply via:
- 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays. (Increasing to 1 day per annum to 25 days)
- Company bonus subject to the business achieving annual target
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- On-site parking
- 1 Hour lunch break
- Bring your pet to work scheme
- Wellness Health scheme
LinkedIN or send your CV and covering letter in application to email@example.comSTRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE