Our client is a leading South Yorkshire based manufacturing business, who are looking to add a management layer to their expanding and developing finance team. We are looking for a professionally qualified accountant, with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience gained within the manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for a small team of accountants and have responsibility in the main for operational, cost and management accounts formulation from end to end.
We are looking for a confident, ambitious and motivated individual who is keen to climb the career ladder.Roles & Responsibilities
Experience & Education
- Management and development of a small team of accountants.
- Full responsibility of the monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Produce timely and accurate weekly, management information for the business.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the jobs allocated to you and a forward-thinking approach to new opportunities.
- Detailed management and monitoring of costs, stock and materials.
- Preparation of daily and weekly management reports.
- Monthly reporting on rebates and contracts.
- Monthly management & board reporting packs.
- Budgets and forecasts, with focus on areas of responsibility.
- Reviewing standard costs and workshop recoveries to drive efficiencies.
- Investment appraisal support, generating pre and post analysis on improvements.
- Perform key ad hoc analysis on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Business partner with non-finance stakeholders.
- Support the operations team and assist in driving projects.
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail with pragmatic approach.
- Commercial & operational experience.
- Ability to promote, embrace and manage change.
- Have good knowledge of systems and standard costing.
Thank you for reading this and good luck with your application. Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.