Enjoy is pioneering the next generation of Retail - Mobile Stores - by bringing the best of the store to the customer, in as fast as 3 hours. Enjoy partners with premium brands to hand-deliver experiences to customers through an integrated platform, local logistics model and highly trained Experts that help each customer get the most out of their new product, right from the start.
Enjoy is growing fast, currently operating in 23 UK markets, Canada and 50+ US markets.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, along with an executive team from leading retail, technology, and design organisations, including: Apple, Facebook, BT, Tesla, and Amazon.About The Team
We are a highly engaged, passionate and performance-based team, committed to developing an operating model that supports rapid growth. We are building a great company and a great place to work where we live our values every day.
About The Role
- We believe that Kindness, above all else, is key to unlocking the magic of Enjoy
- We have a Growth Mindset and hunt for new approaches to achieve better results
- We focus on continually raising the bar and Winning Together
- We are Experience Obsessed and relentless in our efforts to create a 5-star experience for our customers, partners and employees
- We stand for Justice at Our Core. We believe in the power of our combined voices to bring about change within Enjoy and in the communities we serve by fighting against oppression and holding ourselves accountable to just outcomes.
You'll support the UK finance function and financial operations and prepare Enjoy to be a public/listed company. You'll be responsible for revenue accounting (existing and potential new partners), month end close, reconciliation with a global mindset and financial analysis in the context of our expansion and growth. You will help to build and maintain robust controls in finance as a public company. You will be involved in varied financial operations and ad-hoc projects. We need someone who can thrive in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment as you will play a very pivotal role in our company's success.Responsibilities
- Revenue accounting (2 partners) and reconciliation; liaise with partners to understand and account for commission payments appropriately
- Day to day maintenance of accounting records, posting journals for management in Oracle and reconciliations
- Help to optimised the reporting process in the UK and work with the US to develop the reporting framework and standardised global reconciliation process, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory reporting requirements for a public company
- Own and be responsible for the timely and accurate performance of monthly account reconciliations for key areas including payroll, revenue, capital expenditures
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and ensure compliance with internal policies, capitalise assets from CIP, and record depreciation journal entries
- Ensure A/R and A/P aging report has been reviewed, and any open bill issues have been resolved
- Reporting to the US for monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting and responding timely to ad hoc queries
- Maintain financial close process documentation and training material, ensuring this is regularly reviewed and updated as required
- Help to build financial control framework, performing and documenting all required controls in a timely manner and to adequate quality standards
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and implement improvement and controls
- Supporting the line manager from time to time with other aspects of the finance team workload
- Assist with analysing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior forecast
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Play an integral role in new system rollouts to the International markets and other projects as assigned, including system implementations, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Qualified Accountant with membership of an accounting body (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) (essential)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting/ Finance OR extensive experience in a similar role that would allow for comparable knowledge to have been gained (essential)
- Extensive experience in a comparable Financial Accountant role or similar (essential)
- Prior knowledge/use of an accounting ledger preferably Oracle
- Able to demonstrate your proficiency using Microsoft Office products and similar, relevant to the role
- Able to confidently talk about your experience working both autonomously & as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise ruthlessly using clear methodology and a self disciplined approach
- Exemplary accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- Outstanding verbal, numerical and written communication ability in English
- Able to remain calm while working under pressure and use initiative
If you have a disability and require specific support during the recruitment process, please contact Enjoy's recruitment team to explore what adjustments can be made to facilitate your success. You can contact the recruitment team by emailing, email@example.com