Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, France and Portugal. With over 30 years expertise and 1750 employees we offer sustainable waste management solutions to large scale industry, public authorities and waste collection companies.
We are continuously seeking to develop waste treatment infrastructure in Europe as well as in the UK.
In 2021 we will start the construction of a new Waste-to-Energy facility in Rivenhall (Essex) for an investment budgeted at £500 million, to deliver renewable energy and net-zero carbon targets. The facility will comply with the most stringent environmental standards, supplying electricity to an equivalent of 60,000 households and offer employment to about 60 employees. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Project Director to develop and deliver this new project and potential future projects in Ireland and UK.Your current and future role
Reporting to the Group Engineering Director you will initially be responsible to build a new Waste-to-Energy facility at Rivenhall starting in 2021 and delivery in 2025.
Depending on your ambition and talents, you can either further develop yourself steering new circular economy, environmental, or energy projects, or move into the General management position of the waste-to-energy plant at Rivenhall.Your main responsibilities
As Project Director you will develop the project from scratch until delivery:
- Coordinate & steer the realisation of the project within time and budget as per the business plan.
- Draw up the detailed project file & plan (goal - scope - resources - deliverables - milestones - budget) so that all parties agree on the result to be achieved.
- Coordinate with the chosen technology provider the design, construction, commissioning and start-up of the plant and ensure adherence to and compliance with contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Manage and coordinate activities of the internal multi-disciplinary team of project engineering.
- Decide on (technical) concepts.
- Involve & manage all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure a smooth handover of the installation to the operational team, including all relevant documentation.
- Evaluate the project in order to build up and embed knowledge & expertise.
Your skills and talents
- You know how to work in complex collaborations and with multiple stakeholders.
- You build relationships to ensure that everyone works together while maintaining focus on your targets.
- You are flexible and adaptable while having a lot of patience and making sure everyone gets heard.
- You are not afraid of making unpopular decisions for the greater good. As you will work in an international environment, frequent travel can be expected.
What we can offer you
- You have a Master's degree in Engineering and can draw upon more than 10 years of work experience as a project manager of large industrial installations.
- Specific experience in the waste / energy / process industry would be desirable.
- You have a proven track record of excellent project and people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presenting, as well as an ability to negotiate with different stakeholders.
- An exciting and versatile job that is appropriately remunerated with a competitive salary, performance bonus, mobility budget and pension, life assurance & medical schemes.
- The opportunity to develop yourself, since we like to invest in our colleagues.
- Full ownership of your career development and the chance to shape and contribute to a more sustainable environment.