It's an exciting time to join The Melton, we are looking to grow our Group Lending team with the addition of an enthusiastic, dedicated and meticulous individual to take on the position of Mortgage Underwriter.About the position
This role is office based in Melton Mowbray, where we apply a manual underwriting approach which allows us to assess each case individually against our Lending Policy and criteria.
As an Underwriter you will be:
- Reviewing and assessing different types of mortgage applications, including standard residential, buy to let and self-build
- Responsible for pipeline management, ensuring that mortgage applications are assessed in accordance with policy and criteria in a timely manner
- Assessing and verifying supporting documentation: identification, credit reference agency searches, proof of income, bank statements, accounts, valuation reports etc.
- Communicating with mortgage applicants, employers, accountants, advisors, brokers, surveyors etc. throughout the mortgage application process
- Assessment and approval of mortgage applications within mandate level (initially £200,000) on certain application types
- Preparing and presenting mortgage applications for underwriter/mandator review and approval
- Preparing, checking and issuing mortgage offers
- Providing feedback to the Lending Manager in relation to lending policy, criteria, processes and procedures
- Assessing Decision in Principle referrals
- Reviewing and approving releasing of funds for mortgage completion
- Strong decision maker
- Organised and able to prioritise to meet service standards
- Good understanding of the Financial Services Industry and mortgage regulation
- Previous manual mortgage underwriting/packaging experience
- Ideally CeMap qualified
Please note that occasional Saturday morning shifts are required on a rota basis and these are paid in addition to your normal rate of pay.What's in it for you?
We know that our most important asset at The Melton are our people - people who make things happen. We work in a people focused industry where relationships with our customers are key to our success and we continuously strive to make The Melton a great place to work.
It's an exciting time to join our Society as we strive for growth and to be the best regional Building Society in the country. We aim to create an inclusive and supportive culture where our differences are embraced, understood and valued.
If you feel you're the one we're looking for, apply now with your CV and covering letter by clicking on the link below.
- Application deadline: 05/02/2021
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £26,000.00-£32,000.00 per year - Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience, plus benefits including a generous pension scheme.