Overview NOTE: Multiple positions available
WhiteSpider is an advanced technology services company providing professional services and software defined solutions to enterprises across the world. We are looking to grow our Managed Services team and require a full-time 2nd Line Network Support Engineer
. The individual we are looking for will be a highly motivated and skilled team player who has at least 5 years of network support experience. The role will be interacting with WhiteSpider's managed services customers and requires the candidate to demonstrate outstanding customer relationship skillsWhiteSpider
WhiteSpider is an industry leading and multi-award-winning managed service provider who specialise in the design, implementation and support of large scale and complex Software Defined Infrastructures. Due to significant growth, we require additional team members across the business, including within the managed services team.
WhiteSpider believes its success is down to its team, and as such skillsets are paramount. Training is something WhiteSpider strongly endorses and can be provided for all of the technologies supported, however, the ability for the engineer to be able to 'hit the ground running' is essential.The Role
The 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will be based in Leeds and will be the person responsible for day-to-day support of managed service customer networks, including proactive resolution of incidents and service requests received into the service desk. Working as part of a team, the role will involve a rotating shift pattern, with 8am-4pm week one and 10-6pm week two. The role will also include being part of an on-call rota 1 week in 3.
The role involves responding to customer incidents and service requests received via telephone, email or web portal. Information is managed via a standard service desk tool and several WhiteSpider developed and commercial monitoring platforms.Experience
- Cisco Catalyst Switches - including 9000 & 8000 series
- Cisco ASR & ISR Routers
- Cisco ASA and FTD Firewalls including ASA image and Firepower image
- Cisco Nexus Switches (NXOS)
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) including multi-pod and multi-site
- Cisco Hyperflex
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco DNAC/Software Defined Access
- Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela)
- VMware ESXi & vCentre
- Windows & Linux
- Strong skills in BGP, OSPF, VXLAN,
- 5+ Years of Network Engineering experience
- Experience of troubleshooting Software Defined networking solutions
- Knowledge of Cisco Software Defined networking technologies
- In depth experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues, performance concerns, software bugs, hardware failures.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts with non-technical audiences
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions.
- Exposure to non-Cisco Infrastructure, i.e. HP, Juniper, F5, Citrix, CheckPoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto and VMWare NSX
- Valid UK Driving License, and access to a vehicle
- Act as a technical owner for all network issues, training and advising other team members to help grow and enhance their skills.
- Maximize customer network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting problems and outages.
- Ensuring customer network equipment, firewalls etc are maintained in a timely manner to latest stable versions as per their contracts.
- Securing network, firewalls and other infrastructure components by establishing cohesive rules and policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Ensure the technology, systems & support are optimised for customers including individuals or teams working remotely from or from customer sites.
- Work to SLAs to ensure that we meet business expectations. Communicate early and clearly if these SLAs are expected to be missed.
- Continue to review and improve the technology solution or knowledge base allowing issues to be fixed on first touch and minimising client downtime.
- Adhere to both the WhiteSpider and the customer change management processes.
- Be a true team player, working professionally and constructively with colleagues offering help and assistance with incidents, user requests and problems.
- Ensuring all customer and WhiteSpider documentation is kept up to date with changes.
- Cisco Certification CCNA, CCNP
- Experience of working within an ISO27001:2013 onwards environment.
- Any scripting skills (Python, PowerShell, Bash)