Looking to work within a vibrant company, combining 25 years of industry expertise with ongoing investment in cutting edge technology to drive future success? Seeking a role where proactivity is welcomed, with scope to develop and grow?Office Depot
Europe has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in our UK office in Milton Keynes. The role is a full time, permanent position
offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
At Office Depot Europe, we provide Office Supplies, Services and Solutions to help our customers work better, whatever their workplace. Serving businesses across all industries and sizes, we offer a single source of the solutions and services our customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials. Within our European footprint, we operate in ten countries through our two main brands, Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France. Our established world-wide partnerships continue to give us global reach.Your Job:
Create and maintain agile, reliable and cost-effective technology footprints on which to host solutions as and when required by business. Lead and contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Office Depot's strategic platforms. Responsible for working with technical architects, business analysts, and other developers to deliver the highest quality solutions via cutting edge technologies. Involved in all phases of the application development life cycle including research and design, development, testing, implementation and support.Your Responsibilities:
- Align IT Strategy with the organization's business goals and long-term strategic planning for the organization's systems
- Optimize architecture approaches through an understanding of changing business needs and innovative technology capabilities to provide improved information management and commercial insight for business
- Complete and document proof of concepts to solve the business needs
- Promote shared applications and infrastructure to drive harmonization and integration of scarce IT resources in order to improve information capabilities and reduce cost
- Define policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the organization
- Establish long term Risk & Compliance objectives for IT organisation through development and adoption of formal and effective policies and procedures and provide, coordinate, and monitor compliance services of the IT organization
- Drive medium to complex changes to existing policies and processes, requiring a medium amount of new investment
- Gather requirements and communicate with nearshore teams
- Contribute to team priorities to ensure task completion
- Coach and develop (the cooperation between) employees
- Event Driven Architecture focussed on microservices and streaming technologies (willingness to learn)
- An experienced solution architect with strong implementation experience of a number of IT platforms
- Understanding of how to integrate eCommerce platforms with a corporate back office fulfilment product
- Java development background for example Spring, Ajax, Mavern, etc.
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum), Test-Driven Development models, Continuous Integration, build and deployment utilities, and best coding practices are preferable
- Experience building an Event Driven Architecture focussed on microservices and streaming technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Strong customer focus and customer awareness, result driven
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and convert into customer solutions
- Direct customer facing and implementation delivery experience
- Experience with web technologies, application servers, middleware, enterprise application integration, databases, security, performance and scalability
- Strong collaboration skills and team working approach
We provide an excellent benefits scheme, generous holidays and free onsite parking.
Want to join our team? If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the role, please click 'Apply'
today and take your next step towards a career with Office Depot.