Senior Civil Design Engineer (Infrastructure/Drainage)Northamptonshire£35,000 to £48,000 + Bonus + Working from home + Overtime + Excellent Package
A Civil/Infrastructure Engineer is required by this highly reputable design consultancy based in Northampton, who work on a wide variety of buildings projects, often large mixed use new build developments as well as smaller projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Responsible directly to the Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various projects.
On larger projects assist the Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
Deliver projects within budget constraints and ensure colleagues and line managers are kept informed of progress.
Responsible for selected technical issues.
Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
Produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Drainage Strategy reports, Bulk Earthworks reports, Site Viability assessments etc.
- A MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrable experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Civils 3D would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
- Excellent promotional prospects