Manager / Senior Manager - Business Tax (Remote with some travel to the Midlands on occasion)
As one of the most flexible places to work in the UK we are happy for the role to be based around you so whatever your location we can aim to make it work
so long as you are happy for some presence in our East Midlands office now and then to have some time with the team and our clients.
We're one of the fastest-growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. In 2020, we were voted as the 8th Best Place to Work in the UK
by the Sunday Times, Best Company in Europe
in the European Engagement Awards and were voted the Best Employer in Tax at the Tolley's Tax Awards 2020.
Why? Because we're leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind us, making our own rules, and always putting our people at the heart of our success.
Tired of the draining experience in your current firm? It's different here. Read our culture book for yourself https://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount About the role...
This is an awesome opportunity within our Business tax team! As a Business Tax Senior Manager
you'll love building secure and trusted relationships with your portfolio of clients; building a real connection to understand what they want to achieve. Then advising them on how to get there and providing robust plans to follow through.
What's in it for you...
- For most of your clients you'll be the main tax contact responsible for driving the day to day relationship and for larger, more complex clients you'll work closely with the Client Partner.
- You'll have a passion for spotting opportunities to help our clients further and deepen our relationships. We're looking for someone who thrives at providing advisory work and finding commercial solutions for our clients.
- A team player, you'll provide coaching, development and team-leadership. You'll be at the helm of ensuring the team provides a 'Wow' experience to all clients and provide a stellar first-rate service at all times.
- This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager/ Senior Manager to work with some amazing clients; our focus is getting the right person in place as we are able to adapt to make sure the portfolio fits your skillset.
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really... if our people love working here then they do amazing work. That's why we offer things like:
What you'll need
- Competitive salaries aligned to Big firms
- Open holidays - no more "25 days a year"
- No dress code - "Wear something!"
- Incredible development and career growth - we are growing FAST
- A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in-office, or with clients - "Work From Anywhere, Forever"
- No Core hours - fit work around life, not the other way around
- 7pm Email Curfew - your evenings shouldn't be about outlook
As the successful Business Tax Senior Manager
candidate, you will be ATT, ACA (followed by CTA) or CTA qualified or equivalent. You'll have experience of working within a corporate tax focused role and have a passion for your clients and their business. You'll be an awesome advisor, have your clients back and you'll always do the right thing.
You'll be a great communicator. Excel at building strong, trusting relationships (both internally and with clients) and demonstrate a commercial focus, drive to deliver the best, and have a determination for getting it right first time.Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it's really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
Play all in - we are committed, engaged and driven
In it together - we believe in all for one and one for all
Be Nice - we are kind, humble and authentic
Be Brave - we are bold, entrepreneurial, and rebellious
Keep Learning - we explore, discover and are curious A little more about life at CP....We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring. We are challenging status quo. Our people engagement scores are through the roof - our people are fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receive and on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients. The way in which we operate and the incredible environment we are building is hugely advantageous to those wanting to combine a career in practice with an unrivalled culture and personal growth opportunity. We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We've always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is 'wear something') to when you work (we have no 'core hours') and how often you holiday (we have open holiday). We have just introduced another game-changing element we call 'Work From Anywhere. Forever' (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you're truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that's right for you.
Find out more about us here: