£90-120k basic + car allowance, pension, incentives LOCATION
FY8 5FTTHE COMPANY
Our client is a high-net-worth entrepreneur based in the North-West of England with a portfolio of diverse businesses in the UK and Europe spanning Tech, Leisure and Property. There are also several high profile and exciting businesses currently at launch stage.
Planned future activities are aimed at developing and delivering projects that have a significant positive social impact beyond merely profit, whilst retaining a commercial framework.
Currently a small senior management team are responsible for an annual revenue approaching £100m. The ethos across of the group - which drives both the investment strategy and quest for innovation - is built around "dare to dream". As such only ambitious and passionate individuals with a creative mindset and positive approach can be considered.THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational Chief Operating Officer, reporting directly into the owner and taking day-to-day operational responsibility for the Group.
Deliverables are as follows (but not limited to):
- Assisting the board in setting the strategic direction of the business and identifying clear plans of how to execute that strategy
- Operational responsibility for budgets and their commercial objectives
- To develop and implement a sales strategy across the operating companies to ensure the Group identifies a clear path to aggressive growth
- Enhance market penetration through creative promotional activities
- Driving business development activity consistent with the Group's growth strategy
- Implement effective KPIs for operations and develop initiatives to achieve them
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems and processes
**PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY**
- 5+ years' experience in a senior commercial or operational Director-level position
- True multi-sector experience, ideally in areas that correspond to the client's operating companies - professional services, leisure, tech, ecommerce
- Broad discipline exposure across operations, marketing, sales, and people development
- Strong business acumen and proactive commercial approach to new opportunities
- Proven leadership skills and a collaborative approach that creates a culture of accountability that motivates a capable and growing team
- The mindset to develop long term relationships both internally and externally that add value and build mutual trust
- An entrepreneurial approach to work and to life, the successful candidate will inspire loyalty and confidence as well as being a pleasure to work with
- Demonstrable business success in both established and early-stage companies
- A good first degree obtained from a red-brick university, with the appropriate professional qualifications testament to a desire for ongoing personal development