Who we are:
GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data & analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces over 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.The Role:The Senior Mining/Energy Editor
is responsible for leading an editorial team
and for developing content for the media websites and digital magazines, with a focus on new and disruptive technology for businesses and consumers.
A key aspect of the job is interaction with the industry, particularly around technological developments for companies and consumers. This includes working closely with GlobalData's analysts and data teams. It also includes working with the events team in driving the development and delivery of events for the sector.
The role will work closely with the editorial content director in developing and implementing content initiatives across the websites and magazines and delivering leading B2B websites for the sector.Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure the accuracy and quality of all editorial content
• Write engaging and relevant content, including commentary, on sector developments
• Engage with and build relationships with industry leaders
• Work closely with GlobalData analysts to develop data- and insight-led content
• Support the events team when needed to deliver leading events and webinars
• Shape short- and long-term content strategies alongside the editorial content director
• Work closely with the commercial teams to deliver their objectivesWhat we're looking for:
- Strong journalism background with previous experience up to senior reporter or junior editor level
- Experience within the Mining/Energy sector is a must
- Excellent writing and proofing skills, and the ability to spot good writing and a great story
- Experience in writing data- and research-based content
- Management experience, particularly in team motivation, oversight and the training of junior members
- Previous track record of delivering editorial content to set deadlines and experience in working with internal teams to achieve company-wide goals and targets
- Presenting and public speaking experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent