bank is stepping up in our ways of working with the trade finance and loan markets and setting up a new desk to achieve it. We are looking for an experienced Forfaiting, Syndications and Secondary Markets Manager to join our Institutional Banking Dept- Financial Institutions & Forfaiting Desk. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and the ideal candidate, who reports to the Head of Institutional Banking, would have a solid experience in all mentioned areas, equipped with his/her own sourcing and secondary market distribution contacts, well familiar with documentation and regulatory requirements. Equally important is an entrepreneurial mentality to set up and develop a new desk.Responsibilities:
- Source forfaiting opportunities and primary and secondary syndication transactions.
- Prospect sellers and buyers for back to back transactions and for secondary sale from the bank's book.
- Prepare Credit Applications as applicable and all credit related correspondence.
- Negotiate, document, and execute forfaiting and risk distribution transactions with support from relevant teams and departments. Ensuring documents are handled, recorded, and filed adequately.
- When required, prepare Information Memorandum.
- Regular market sounding and maintenance of active trading desk.
- To prepare and execute Master Risk Participation Agreements and review them periodically.
- To deliver practical and effective documentation solutions that facilitate transactions, which support the business requirements in a sustainable manner.
- To anticipate potential issues or risks in transactions and ensure these are adequately covered or mitigated in the documentation.
- To develop effective solutions that add value to customers and suggest new methods, processes, and tools to improve effectiveness and efficiencies of the desk.
- Develop relationships with exporters, commodity traders, and other international players with interests in forfaiting and syndicated lending.
- Develop relationships with financial institutions and trade finance intermediaries operating in the trade finance market in chosen markets and geographies.
- To help prepare bespoke or any other documentation, for existing and new products to be added to FI and Forfaiting business in line with the defined targets.
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of Institutional banking department.
- Works in collaboration with other teams, particularly with FI team members, corporate RMs, Credit, Legal, Risk and other internal stakeholders to endure the deals progress.
- Compliance with the existing policies and procedures and development and implementation of new ones relevant to this role.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
- Comply with the relevant FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Be self-motivated/ work with minimal supervision.
- A strong commitment to living the Bank's values.
- Must be educated to a degree level.
- At least 8 years' experience, of which 3-5 years must be in sourcing/distribution/forfaiting as well as drafting of documentation for syndicated loans and trade finance transactions.
- Access to buyers and sellers primary and secondary trade finance and loan markets.
- Knowledge of documentation including but not limited MRPA, LMA, SWIFT based messages.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards and rules.
- Advanced level of Microsoft office suite - Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Able to demonstrate use of business knowledge and understanding of customer needs to successfully manage and grow customer relationships.
Job title: Forfaiting, Syndications and Secondary Markets Manager
Department: Institutional Banking Dept- Financial Institutions & Forfaiting Desk
Reports to: Head of Institutional Banking
Type contract: Permanent