Back End Engineer
Cardiff/London £38-42k DOE + Equity
Pension the pennies is here to revolutionise the private pension market by making it available to anyone with a smartphone - and you get to be a part of that from the ground up; to make real, positive change.
We are all about innovating the pension and savings market as we know it, to instil conscious change to an industry flooded with a lack of diversity, equity, or inclusion. We are here to ensure that that changes.
Pension The Pennies is making inclusion paramount to all aspects of the business. From ensuring pensions are available to everyone who wants one, no matter the challenges they face, to making the internal running of the company a place where any member of staff can thrive and express themselves.
This means we have an 'every voice matters' policy. So, whatever the job role, the department or pay grade: no voice is too small for a seat at the table. All ideas are welcome. All challenges heard, and all members of the PTP family have the opportunity for greatness within our business.
Back End Engineer Background
The stuff that really matters to us is who you are as a person. Would it excite you to come to work every day and use your skills to benefit peoples' lives? Are you the kind of person that wants to make a difference? If so then you'll fit right in with our team of revolutionaries.
Yes, experience is important to us, but so are things like how to lead, to communicate well and working well in a team
Back End Engineer
• In-depth (3 years+) in development of languages, such as PHP, C♯, Node.js and Python
• In-depth (3 years+) Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
• Strong (2 years +) Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
• Strong (2 years +) Serverless experience
• Solid (1 years+) CICD Build Tools
• Solid (1 years+) Code pipeline experience including cross service alignment
• Experience (1 year) of Agile development methodologies and use of Jira / Confluence / Zephyr
• Experience (1 year) of Github / GitLab
Responsibilities / Duties
• Delivering and maintaining server side applications, web services, schedules and databases
• Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
• Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
• Continuous improvement using cutting edge tools and techniques
• Keep up to date with the most recent technological developments with an eye to see how these can be integrated into PTP
• Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
• Taking lead on projects, as needed.
• If there are any gaps in your knowledge but you're perfect for the job, tell us! Honesty is the best policy with us, and a keen candidate with a proactive attitude to knowledge growth and adaption is someone we would work well with. Someone who takes massive action to stay up to date on industry trends and the newest tools, is exactly the employee we want.
• Having a practical approach, you should be a true team player, and willing to put your ego aside when necessary.