Taylor Group is a family owed business specialising in Asbestos Removal and Construction. The position of office supervisor / bookkeeper is a full-time position with supervising duties over the administrative staff of the company. The position is the lead accounting role in the organization and the successful candidate will work closely with the Financial Director. The Office Supervisor / Bookkeeper ensures that all financial transactions are entered into Xero and have been processed according to the Financial guidelines of the company. General administrative duties include office management and support.
Salary Information (Dependant upon experience)
Salary Range - £23000.00 ~ £25000.00 per annum
37.5 Hours per week - 9am ~ 5.30pm - Monday ~ Friday
28 Holidays per year inclusive of statutory holidays
Office Supervisor Job Duties/Responsibilities
1. Oversee the smooth operations of all office/administrative functions.
2. Ensure digital administration accounts (such as tender sites, Constructionline account) are current. Keep a current log of log-in credentials for all sites.
3. Interface and collaborate with contracted IT support.
4. Establish and maintain effective filing systems (both digital and physical).
5. Support directors with all aspects of board meeting preparation, meeting minutes and follow-up for each Board meeting.
6. Manage hospitality support, including setting up/cleaning up food and beverages for board meetings and visits with external partners.
Bookkeeping Job Duties/Responsibilities
1. Process accounts payable and receivable including: enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders.
a. Process payments, deposits, and post into the system
b. Reconcile bank payments as well as customer and supplier accounts
c. Prepare and submit monthly reports to Managing Director.
d. Make journal entries under direction of third party accountant
2. Process payroll/timesheets and manage the company pension scheme.
3. Maintain confidentiality regarding organisation's financial and personnel information
4. Prepare and lodge VAT, PAYE information to HMRC as required.
5. Work closely with third party company accountants to maintain financial records and reports as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Xero experience
2. Payroll processing experience
3. Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, while maintaining professionalism and strong rapport with other team members.
6. Consistently maintain a professional demeanour, appearance, and work environment.
Required education and Experience
- Relevant accounting / bookkeeping qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years' accounts experience
- Experience working with Xero Accounts & Payroll
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities over 3nr administrative staff who perform administrative duties for the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision of these personnel to ensure the smooth operation of the company administrative processes.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.