Weybridge or Prague
We are seeking a Tax Specialist to join our European Accounting team, based in either Weybridge or Prague.Key Purpose:
· Collaborating with the Europe Controllership and Brambles Tax COE to effectively manage Brambles Group's non-domestic VAT filing and refund claims process in Europe
· Supporting management of European indirect tax compliance to ensure that effective processes and controls are in place to produce accurate and timely VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastats
· Supporting Brambles tax dept. to manage indirect tax auditsKey Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with Controllership and 3rd party tax service providers to prepare VAT filings for VAT, EC Sales Lists and Intrastats
- Supporting tax reviews and researching of compliance requirements
- Assisting with VAT audits
- Completing monthly reconciliation of indirect tax accounts
- Supporting Indirect Tax Manager (Europe) on ad hoc projects
- Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) relating to Indirect Tax are documented and updated as directed
- Development of an indirect tax compliance calendar
- Performing other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Recognised Tax/accountancy qualification is desirable
- As an ideal candidate for this role of Tax Specialist, you should have a solid understanding of European indirect tax compliance rules.
- Ideally, you will have experience in a similar tax compliance role, ideally with managing internal indirect tax affairs of multiple European jurisdictions.
- You will have a strong knowledge and understanding of VAT processes along with a knowledge of SAP system
As an inclusive employer, Brambles wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform your Talent Acquisition Partner of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.