Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make brands more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oréal, and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 2,000 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 121 markets via 21 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America. Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal.About the role
Reporting into a Business Intelligence Director, you will be part of a small globally distributed team responsible for the delivery of reporting solutions to one of our most important global accounts.
As part of our ongoing relationship with this entertainment client, we're looking to support them in making better, more data-driven marketing decisions. For the BI team that means working with the client and internal account team to identify, aggregate and transform the right data to create a single source of truth for performance of their media campaigns, and then visualizing it in compelling and insightful ways to help the client and account team make the right investment decisions.
To support this endeavour, we currently have an agreement with a third-party to provide a custom data solution for the client, including data ingestion, transformation and visualization. Your role will be to create connectivity between the third-party and end users. Ensuring the third-party is clever on user needs, project managing the implementation of the reporting solution, and ensuring users are given the appropriate support to use the solution successfully.Some of the things we'd like you to do:
A bit about yourself:Required
- Work with the account team to keep track of reporting needs for upcoming campaigns, and develop clear and robust implementation plans to ensure reporting is in place for campaign launches
- Project manage the delivery of reports for each campaign, including their initial release and their weekly refresh. This requires coordinating and managing interdependent tasks among cross-discipline, geographically distributed account team
- Document custom requirements for any given campaign, and work directly with the third-party development team to adapt the reporting solution to meet them
- Be a designated power user of the reporting solution, helping build custom reports, and helping overcome technical challenges
- Ensure end users have the necessary skills & knowledge to use the reporting solution, including developing & maintaining training materials, data dictionary & knowledge base
- Be the first-line of support for users, offering them hands-on support to ensure they can successfully use the reporting solution
- Complete proactive data quality checks, helping account teams overcome data issues before they impact the quality of the reporting solution
- Identify opportunities to improve supporting cross-discipline processes, and work with others to make them a reality
- Help understand evolving user needs, help translate them into requirements, and oversee the delivery of them via the third-party
- 4-6 years experience in a technical or project management role, preferably at a media agency or related company (e.g. publisher, ad tech, client marketing org)
- Good understanding of project management methodologies, and have experience using them in different projects situations, and involving cross-functional teams
- Experience with digital marketing platforms and the data they generate, in particular Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, Twitter etc. Knowledge of their API's a plus.
- An understanding of how data is tracked and exchanged in the process of digital advertising (e.g. role of ad servers and other third-party tech vendors)
- Some experience using or building reports with business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Datastudio)
- Analytically minded, enabling you to understand and overcome technically complex challenges
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, allowing you to bring structure to otherwise unstructured situation
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, ensuring your thoughts and needs are heard and understood
- Well-tuned relationship skills, and you're able to use them to build rapport and influence people at all levels
- Can-do attitude, with an ability to multi-task and remain calm and composed under pressure
- Exude positivity and energy, and you can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Work best in team environments, and you are a beacon of collaboration
What you can expect from Essence
- Experience project managing the delivery of technical solutions, including exposure to more agile product development methodologies
- Experience building data infrastructure and using cloud technologies
- Experience managing the delivery of work across a geographically-dispersed team
- Curiosity for the way businesses operate, with a track record of implementing organization change to improve efficiency / effectiveness
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.