Hogarth Worldwide is a leading creative production company, producing advertising and marketing content for many of the world's most famous brands, across all media around the world. Hogarth was founded over 10 years ago and has grown from a start-up to over 4,000 people, across 28 cities worldwide and is now part of the WPP family. Our rapid growth continues to drive us forward making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
Your primary responsibility will be supervision, management and development of the Nuke department both creatively and technically. You will also be expected to research and oversee the implementation and development of any tools and technology the department may benefit from to ensure the technical and creative growth and expansion of its VFX capabilities. You will advocate on behalf of the Nuke department when dealing with other departments, particularly the remainder of the Broadcast Team and Technical Support. Finally, you will be expected to continue working as a hands-on Senior Nuke Artist outputting and overseeing work to a consistently high standard.
The role will require working closely with the Head of 2D and Lead MGFX designer to establish what the department's technical needs are, researching, advising upon and implementing new technology. It will be your responsibility to ensure that both the output of the VFX department and the artists that produce it are developing creatively, as well as technically.
You will be the first point of contact for work that is being shared from other hubs to access suitability, allocate work as appropriate and to oversee the output creatively, technically, and aesthetically.
Collaborate with the Flame and Motion Graphics leads, to establish methodologies and ensure best practices. Maintains constant communication between the 2D, 3D and Motion Graphics departments as well as Production. Has a good understanding of both Nuke and Flame to efficiently setup project workflows.
· You will be expected to perform day-to-day duties of a Senior Nuke artist and to Line Manage all staff - holidays, sickness, reviews, performance management, recruitment, disciplinary actions etc
· As supervisor, you will manage the training and development of your team. You will ensure appropriate allocation of work to each member, supervise the quality of their work and conduct regular performance reviews and one-to-one meetings
· Proactively research and report upon technological advances in the Visual Effects field, with an eye on where the department should be moving technically and creatively and where applicable, lobby for their acquisition
· Work closely and proactively with Tech to drive the implementation and development of render solutions, appropriate software upgrades, appropriate licencing, transition to Windows environment testing, remote working, global working and cloud-based solutions.
· Problem solve and troubleshoot general VFX-related software & hardware issues including plugins on a daily basis
· Attend meetings with the Tech Department, other senior members of the Broadcast Team to discuss and prepare for upcoming projects and, where relevant, communicate updates from these meetings
· Test new hardware/software when asked, providing clear and concise feedback
· Maintain and update the Nuke Python environment whenever possible
· To assist in the planning, development, documentation and training of new workflows/best practices/naming conventions.
· Take responsibility for freelance VFX artists, helping get them set up and ensuring their work is of a high standard
· Assist your counterpart, the VFX Supervisor, in the Chennai Global Delivery Centre with any issues and workflow queries; be responsible for the sending, receiving and appraisal of overspill work/test projects outsourced from the London office - ensure up to standard and that they are following Hogarth working practices
· Attend shoots both physical and virtually whenever VFX supervision would be beneficial
· Take part in briefings with producers on upcoming projects and advise on costs, technical requirements, timings, staffing and any additional hardware or software that may be needed to complete the job.
· Support the Heads of Department with the interviewing of potential staff, reviewing CVs and liaising with the Recruitment team
· Ensure projects are completed within budgeted parameters and manage appropriate resources, in coordination with the Bookings team, reassigning work when necessary
· Assist the Bookings team in the resourcing and appraisal of potential freelance candidates