Financial Controller - Rapid Growth Electric Vehicle Start-Up
We are delighted to be working exclusively with an innovative, hyper growth Electric Vehicle (EV) scale-up business looking to revolutionise the way in which robotics and AI are harnessed to deliver Electric Vehicles at the forefront of the shift towards sustainable transport solutions.
This is an opportunity to work in a hugely entrepreneurial environment which is excellently funded and has ambitions to continue the development of technology which "will change the world".
The company has recently opened a number of new global sites with exciting international expansion planned for the US market and a host of 'developing nations' and have secured a number of significant contracts with customers.
Having recently relocated to a new modern office space with the added benefit of flexible working, the client is looking for an ambitious individual who is driven and excited by technology, electric vehicles, sustainability and ultimately being a part of an incredibly exciting scale-up phase.
The company offers a fast-paced environment, full of motivated and passionate people. They are growing rapidly with headcount set to double this year and are hiring a Finance Manager to support the continued expansion. They are keen to add someone to the company who is fun, hardworking and wants to progress their career quickly. The Role
The Financial Controller will take responsibility for running day-to-day Finance and multiple process improvement and commercial projects to support the pace of change while owning Month-End and Management Accounting. Working closely with a brilliant Finance Director and industry leading CFO this represents an opportunity to have massive impact on the business and build a team quickly.Responsibilities:
- Manage the completion of month end (balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments)
- Produce monthly management accounts with variance analysis
- Produce monthly P&L analysis and quarterly forecasting
- Produce cost reporting and analysis
- Own the day-to-day Finance (invoicing, payroll, bank reconciliations)
- Build from the ground up and continuously look to implement new processes, streamline current processes, and automate Finance tasks
- Work closely with and Business Partner to Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams to provide inventory reporting, cost reporting and KPI analysis
- Support on strategic projects to improve unit economics and profitability
- Support the Finance Director with long term strategic planning and ad-hoc projects including fundraising, market entry and expansion
- Build a team in the mid-term to look after day-to-day Finance having initially brought in significant process improvement around payroll etc
- Support with Year End statutory reporting and liaise with auditors
- Experience in Manufacturing, Production or Supply Chain centric businesses (exposure to physical stock and inventory)
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or ACA is preferred)
- Excited about working somewhere which is changing every day
- Desire to work in a fast-growth company
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the EV and Start-Up space in general
- Prior start-up experience
- Previously worked in the Automotive sector
- Up to £70,000 + bonus
- The business prides themselves on delivery and impact - therefore this is not a typical 9 to 5 role. They encourage flexibility
- Initially the role will be remote but post Covid requires 3 days a week in the office
- Incredibly quick progression opportunities
Please feel free to get in touch with Fin for more information (email@example.com)
Please feel free to share this with any friends or colleagues that may be interested