Front End DeveloperCardiff/London £38-42k + Equity Depending on Experience
Pension the pennies is here to revolutionise the private pension market by making it available to anyone with a smartphone - and you get to be a part of that from the ground up; to make real, positive change.
We are all about innovating the pension and savings market as we know it, to instil conscious change to an industry flooded with a lack of diversity, equity, or inclusion. We are here to ensure that that changes.
Pension The Pennies is making inclusion paramount to all aspects of the business. From ensuring pensions are available to everyone who wants one, no matter the challenges they face, to making the internal running of the company a place where any member of staff can thrive and express themselves.
This means we have an 'every voice matters' policy. So, whatever the job role, the department or pay grade: no voice is too small for a seat at the table. All ideas are welcome. All challenges heard, and all members of the PTP family have the opportunity for greatness within our business. Front End Developer Background
The stuff that really matters to us is who you are as a person. Would it excite you to come to work every day and use your skills to benefit peoples' lives? Are you the kind of person that wants to make a difference? If so then you'll fit right in with our team of revolutionaries.
Yes, experience is important to us, but so are things like how to lead, to communicate well and working well in a team Front End Dev Requirements
· In-depth (3 years+) understanding of iOS and/or Android SDKs, Visual Studio, XCode and Android Studio
· In-depth (3 years+) Experience with Xamarin Mobile Development Platform - Native Development preferred over pure Forms
· In-depth (3 years+) Proficiency coding in C# Experience with consuming and understanding of web services Ability to learn new technologies quickly and take on challenging research opportunities
· Solid (2 years+) foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
· Solid (2 years+) understanding of best practices in mobile UX design
· Experience (1 year) of Agile development methodologies and use of Jira / Confluence / Zephyr
· Experience (1 year) of Github
· Working Knowledge of AWS integration and servicesRESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Refining and clarifying the requirements from the prod team
- Rapidly defining/x`resolving solutions to those requirements
- Focus on Seamless low friction user engagement
- Rapid prototyping and building of both mobile and web UI/UX
- Mobile app delivery on both Android and IOS
- Integration to backend/supplier API's
• If there are any gaps in your knowledge but you're perfect for the job, tell us! Honesty is the best policy with us, and a keen candidate with a proactive attitude to knowledge growth and adaption is someone we would work well with. Someone who takes massive action to stay up to date on industry trends and the newest tools, is exactly the employee we want.
• Having a practical approach, you should be a true team player, and willing to put your ego aside when necessary.