Circassia is a leading medical device business focused on respiratory disease. The Company sells its market-leading NIOX® asthma management products directly to specialists in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Germany and Italy, and in a wide range of other countries through its network of distribution partners. For more information please visit www.circassia.com.
In order to support these activities we are currently seeking a Device TechnologistSummary of Position
Key Responsibilities of Role
- role will report to the Senior Device Technologist and will be a part of the Product Development Team, working on the development activities to support the NIOX Product Line.
- role will require the individual to work closely with quality, regulatory and technical support colleagues across Uppsala and Morrisville to ensure that development work-streams are initiated, completed and communicated in a timely manner.
- person will work closely with the Product Development team, to carry out product and software testing to support the NIOX Product Line, ensuring that activities are conducted in line with established processes and procedures and all work is completed to the highest standards.
- As part of the role, this individual will engage with suppliers, partners and internal staff to assist in a range of product development matters, including initiating investigations, running routine testing and agreeing detailed test plans and methodologies.
Qualifications and/or experience required to perform the role
- Develop and execute device and software verification testing
- Work with the product development team to develop high quality test specifications, validation documentation and reports to support use of test equipment used in product and software verification activities
- Work closely with Product Development team and external Engineering and Development partners to agree framework for development and verification testing
- Foster cross-functional collaboration with Quality and Regulatory teams to ensure the integration into the Quality Management System and compliance to ISO13485 for auditable documentation
- Work closely with NIOX suppliers to close out technical investigations relating to the device, sensor and software
- Support the ongoing upkeep and maintenance of the laboratory equipment, through ensuring routine equipment calibration and checks through the electronic equipment management system
- Work in collaboration with other functions to support and complete NC's, CAPA's, CP's and investigations as needed.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify training needs and deliver training as needed on the technical features of the NIOX VERO device and accompanying software as needed
- Be a Circassia ambassador when representing the company internally and externally.
- An Educational mind-set to support the multi-disciplinary Product Development Activities.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience of working in medical device industry is required.
- Proficient in the use of computers with a good understanding of databases, with excellent office application skills.
- Willing and able to learn new software systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail, Good organisational skills
- The flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and manage activities to meet the needs of the business
- English is the primary language, and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- A strong team player, with the diligence working independently when needed and communicating regularly
- Familiarity with using cross-platform mobile operating systems is preferable including Android
Thank you for considering a career at Circassia. If you would like to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
· Full name, location, email address and phone number
· Curriculum Vitae
· Cover letter
· Current salary
· Required salary
· Date available to start/notice period
After you have submitted this information, an email will be sent to you inviting you for a first interview. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, if you do not receive an email from us within 10
working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Circassia does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Circassia's human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to Circassia. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Circassia. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Circassia. Circassia shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.