At Datatecnics, we're creators of intelligent infrastructure technologies that positively impact the environment for operators.
In the water sector, we've led the market in the development of IoT-based, advanced pipeline deterioration modelling for the last 5 years and have built up strong relationships with some of the largest utilities in the country including South West Water, Severn Trent and United Utilities.
As our projects increase in size and scope we're growing rapidly and are looking for someone with the depth of experience and engineering knowledge in the water sector to become our Director of Water Systems. The Role
This is a senior management role involving close communication with the C-suite of the business. You will head up the business' water division: acting as the chief representative of the business with all of its water customers whilst also playing a principal role in the development of the company's technology suite, and consequently its engineering efforts, to resolve our customers' pain points. It is essential, therefore, that you come from an engineering background and have a deep knowledge of water systems, asset management and infrastructure modelling.
The role is broad and demands deep technical and interpersonal skills. On a day-to-day basis, you will be liasing with the engineering department, senior management and customers.
You will have a substantial level of autonomy whilst working in a highly supportive and friendly environment with a strongly motivated, multi-disciplinary, skilled team.
There is a generous compensation package on offer including extended holiday and opportunities for personal training and development.Necessary skills, qualifications and experience:
Preferred skills which will help the candidate but are not necessary to an application:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's in Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Geography or other water-sector related discipline
- Deep understanding of the failure modes on water and wastewater pipelines across different material groups
- Working knowledge and experience using GIS (ArcGIS or similar)
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic modelling, urban water systems and modern asset management practices
- A professional level of English with strong interpersonal skills
- A creative, solution-driven mindset
- 3+ years working the water sector
- Hydroinformatics expertise with knowledge of pressure management and optimisation of water networks
- Strong, demonstrable programme/project management skills
- Accredition via the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM), Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) and/or National Water Hygeine Scheme (Blue Card)
- Functional knowledge of MatLab or other modelling software
- Budget management
- Proficiency with Python and/or R
Manchester (Media City). Options for remote and flexi working.Start Date
Generous gross salary with share options and extended holiday.
Datatecnics are an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity in employment & look to support applicants from all backgrounds.