Our client is a metal mining and refining joint venture that has invested over US$8bn in developing a new claim that is now fully operational. The Head Office is based here in London but the operational assets are all based in Africa. The business is setting the highest standards in the industry for sustainability, ESG and Health & Safety and requires a top calibre individual to work with the Executive Management to ensure this continues.
Reporting directly to the Audit Committee and CFO this individual will lead a small team in an established internal audit function that has an excellent reputation in the business.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Ensure an effective ERM framework is established and monitored to support the development of the annual internal audit plan
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the approved plan, ensuring proper resourcing and adjusting the plan as needed in response to changes in business risks, operations, programs, systems and controls.
- Prepare reports for the EXCO and Audit Committee and present in Board meetings on a quarterly basis (or more frequently as required)
- Participate on the monthly Business Ethics Committee in order to review the Whistleblower System and provide support on high-priority investigations
- Providing advisory support to management as a subject-matter expertise with respect to internal controls and risk management for on-site projects as requested by management
- Developing the team through coaching and mentoring to create career paths for the direct reports
The preferred candidate must demonstrate previous experience in the mining or upstream oil and gas exploration sectors. Experience gained in Africa will also be preferred but a good understanding of other emerging market locations combined with relevant sector experience would also be considered. The individual is likely to hold an accounting qualification and also currently be operating in a managerial level internal audit role with some direct exposure to Executive Management. A resilient and robust nature will be critical to success in this challenging but highly professional environment.
Candidates should be prepared to travel around 25-30% of the time and must be eligible to work in the UK as sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
IAC Search Ltd (& Internal Audit Connections Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org