Harmonic Finance are proud to be recruiting on an exclusive, retained basis to find the next Chief Financial Officer for one of the UK's fastest-growing SaaS start-ups. With a clear 'first to market' advantage, prominent global clients and the capability to enable companies to improve both their sustainability as well as their profits, the successful candidate will join the company at a key moment as they lead into a large Series B round.
Backed by two of Europe's most prestigious VC funds and prominent HNW Angels you will join as CFO, alongside both an experienced and entrepreneurial CEO and a COO who have led prominently within several successful PE-backed international companies. Revenue is forecast to grow from £5 to £15 million within the next 10 months.The role
The position is proportionately focussed upon; commercial strategy, fundraising and investor relations and delivering upon operational improvements. Although you will carry ultimate responsibility for successful BAU finance and passing audit (and therefore must be a talented team manager), you will be supported by a capable and talented Head of Finance who will free up your time to focus on high-impact business improvements.
The successful candidate will therefore be tech-savvy, with a good understand of SaaS/PaaS/Enterprise Software companies and what makes them great. Particularly in respect of core KPIs and the broader use of data and MI within a business. While also having the ability to partner with the CEO and COO to tweak the company's Target Operating Model as it continues to scale rapidlyCulture & Workplace
The company is presently working fully remotely although will retain some luxury co-working office space in Zone 1, London. Candidates are welcome to work remotely for 4 days out of 5 for the long-term, with the expectation that at least one day per week will be required for face-to-face meetings when it is safe to do so. Applications are therefore welcome from candidates based anywhere in the United Kingdom, provided they are prepared to travel to London for one day per week.
When safe to do so, there will be an expectation of some European business travel (estimated circa 2-3 days every 6 weeks).What we need to see (Essential):
What we'd like to see (Bonus):
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Recent experience as Head of Finance, Finance Director or CFO within a successful SaaS or Enterprise Software business.
- Experience of fundraising via Venture Capital or Private Equity (as part of a team running the fundraise will be considered).
- Experience of working within an entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Strong FP&A and Commercial Finance skills: you will be skilled at building models and forecasts and communicating complex financial
- Good cross-functional knowledge: our client are growing quickly, and Finance isn't siloed as a department. In order to be achieve your objectives, you will be required to finance business partner effectively with Legal Services, Sales, Operations as well as the rest of the Exec team. Polymaths are therefore welcome!
- Keen intellect, with good problem-solving skills.
- Values-driven outlook, with a genuine interest in sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Prior experience within a business with complex supply chains (Retail, FMCG, Food and Beverage).
- Some experience with BI tools and data vizualisation projects would be of benefit.
- Any knowledge of international tax would be beneficial.
: 120-150k + Options
Please attach an up-to-date CV to be considered for interview.