Atradius provides trade credit insurance, surety and collections services worldwide, and has a
presence in over 50 countries. With a 30% global market share of trade credit insurance market,
its products contribute to the growth of companies throughout the world, by protecting them
from payment risks associated with selling products and services on credit. Atradius has more
than 150 offices, access to credit information on 52 million companies worldwide and makes
over 22,000 trade credit limit decisions daily.
Within Atradius, cloud adoption is managed by the ITS operations team. The Senior Cloud
Engineer will report to the Group Head of Cloud, who is responsible for defining the Atradius
hybrid cloud strategy, policies, standards, processes and procedures and technology, and for
monitoring compliance and addressing any issues and requirements across the Atradius group.
As Senior Cloud Engineer, the primary focus of your role will be ownership of Atradius' cloud
engineering function; acting as its "Product Owner" within Atradius' architectural model and
the ITS Management team for all cloud SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
Whilst reporting to the Group Head of Cloud (based in the UK), you will also work in close cooperation with various Service Delivery, Infrastructure and DevOps teams.
You will work closely with a wide range of technical teams that will span across innovation,
infrastructure, architecture, web, Windows, Linux, DBA, developers, service delivery, test and
business units to ensure that hybrid solutions meets not only today's requirements, but also use
your Infrastructure as code skills and hands on techniques to test and validate cloud services,
solutions and suppliers.
You will work closely with the ITS Architects, to ensure that Atradius' Cloud Services meets not
only today's requirements, but also that it aligns to Atradius' current transformation
programme and future growth, automation, detection ,and response services to all current and
future systems. As a specialist in cloud technology, you will be expected to possess and
maintain an in-depth knowledge of the full technology stack and originate (and lead the
implementation of) enhancements to all aspects of the Atradius operational support strategy.
· Supporting strategy, technology, policies, standards, process and procedures. Governance
& all forms of compliance for Atradius hybrid SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
· Liaison between tactical cloud team and leadership teams for prioritisations & backlog
ownership of all cloud subscriptions (Azure) and Hybrid systems (open shift) including
the full cloud product lifecycle.
Key cloud Management point of contact for all matters relating to cloud engineering
within the Atradius IT support teams.
· Lead and guide the technical team by example, built from your strong experience with
Azure, Infrastructure As Code , including Scrum Team membership.
· You make sure that the infrastructure your team has built is full automated, transparent
· You are experienced and a strong advocate of Infrastructure As Code (IaC), combined with
configuration management, including the creation of automated deployment pipelines
· Responsible for in building cloud governance including health and monitoring dashboard
· Provisioning of cloud hybrid solutions for Atradius' systems, ensuring that they meet not
only the business needs, but also legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and that
these are suitably audited.
· Providing support to projects and other requests from the business, to provide practical,
realistic advice as to how to meet business needs, whilst reducing the level of business
· Determining and maintaining the correct architectural model for cloud within Atradius
and ensuring that this aligns to the broader Shared Components Architecture, which form
the backbone of ITS' core Services.
· Monitors the performance & compliance of all cloud systems, cost governance, security
· Ensure correct logging and monitoring are in place and integrated through automation
into Atradius security platforms to enable threat hunting, incident analysis and response;
· Ensure correct secure configuration management on Atradius supporting platforms and
cloud hosting services;
· Provide cloud engineering support for related technical disciplines that support services
such as Identity and Access Management, API integration Vault, DNS, VPN, Networks,
· Providing the necessary information, documentation and guidance to allow other systems
and applications teams to integrate with hybrid cloud in a way that is flexible, sustainably
maintainable and easily reproducible.
· Participate in the broader Atradius IT ecosystem and lead the changes necessary to the
cloud platforms, to ensure that it is suitably adapted to meet the changing needs as new
technologies are adopted and integrated
· Act as a main point of contact for engagement with stakeholders who consume, or
otherwise rely upon, cloud services and ensure that the resultant secure strategy is the
correct balance of all parties' interests.
· Work with the Controlling team to support not only ITS' budget for the cloud tooling suite
(and spend relating to its maintenance), but also to provide realistic and fair crosscharging
models, to ensure that development of new features and capabilities is funded
with good cost-transparency, in order to ensure that Atradius' resources are spent
· Increasingly, as Atradius grows its technology offerings, there is a need to seek to fulfil
Services via third parties. This creates a need for Vendor Management skills and even
overseeing third party employees delivering services in a supervisory capacity.
Although your core focus will be cloud engineering, you will be expected to have at least a
rudimentary understanding of all facets of IT engineering and to remain abreast of cloud
services (and general regulatory and technological advances including their implications
for business operations) both within Atradius and in the broader cloud ecosystem.
· Highly experienced in all Cloud and server-less infrastructures.
· Experienced in High Performance Computing .
· Good Understanding of CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible, Terraform,
and like tools.
· Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and other Data platform and technologies is a plus
to understand Business requirements.
· Experience with Windows ,Linux Redhat and centos administration
· Highly desirable skills in the following areas
o Azure SaaS IaaS & PaaS
o Oracle (OCI)
· Desirable experience with
o Supporting Independent Software Vendors ( ISV's)
· Proven ability to Build and maintain Hybrid infrastructures and ensuring platforms can
support applications in production.
· Experience in Providing tier 2 /3 support for the cloud infrastructures and Platforms
· Relevant Technology knowledge. Applicants able to demonstrate this experience and
knowledge, but lacking the relevant certifications will be considered, but will be required
to attain relevant qualifications within 12 months. Examples include but not limited to
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert ,Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert ,
Azure Administrator, Azure Devops etc.
· Demonstrate leading the translation of Business Requirements into technical
implementations, which reflect the business needs.
Desired Personal Attributes
· Resiliency; the Business' transformative period will be especially challenging for
Atradius' IT department and individuals will need the ability to absorb setbacks and
disappointments, without becoming upset or demotivated.
· A finisher; a person who is able to initiate and manage a course of action through to its
completion, from end to end.
· High standards of professional integrity, which are retained in the face of opposition.
· Comfortable and effective working autonomously, without constant supervision and to
be able to make your decisions and justify and defend your chosen courses of action.
· Professional bearing and an eloquent communicator; coming across as a credible
expert in your field and inspiring confidence at all levels in the validity of your advice.
· Interest and ability to develop advanced technical knowledge of the domain.
· Pragmatic and realistic, rather than just citing "theoretical ideals"; provide meaningful,
acceptably-secure compromises, or novel, secure alternatives to insecure solutions.
What we offer
· The opportunity to join our organisation at a time it is embarking on its most significant
transformation and to make your mark on and drive, the new cloud adoption model being
implemented to support this.
· The experience of leading the design and implementation of cloud to support a significant
transformative programme, including a new big data systems, which will be built largely
to your specification.
· Working with and learning from, an extremely experienced team of professionals.
· Varied workload, with the opportunity to continually learn and develop.
· The geographic spread of Atradius' offices and highly regulated nature of its industry
provides a unique opportunity to operate within an extremely complex and diverse Legal,
Regulatory and Compliance framework.
· Very attractive terms and conditions: salary in line with market conditions, bonus,
pension scheme, work:life balance, etc.