R1072437 Specialist Dietitian - OncologyCromwell Hospital, Kensington12 month Fixed Term ContractFull time, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday£45,780 - £51,393Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, isclinically-ledand in line with public health guidance. We've implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Cromwell Hospital, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what's right for our patients and in return we'll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive. Overview:
As a Specialist Dietitian within Oncology, you shall be working with a Lead Dietitian, part-time Paediatric Dietitian and 3 Specialist Dietitians.
The service consists of inpatient wards - ICU, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Medicine, Surgery, Renal, Hepatobiliary and Paediatrics. We also provide an outpatient service including executive screens, Gastroenterology, Nutrition Support, Diabetes, Cardiology, Renal, Bariatric, Liver and Paediatrics. What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Be responsible for providing specialised nutritional advice to Oncology and provide cover and support to all specialities for Cromwell Hospital as required.
- Ensure provision of the correct therapeutic diet by ensuring regular follow-up throughout hospital admission.
- Recommend and deliver correct nutritional feeds to oncology patients, both inpatients and outpatients, to compliment nutritional support.
- Coordinate patient referrals and advise patients and/or companions regarding the prescribed diet and arranging follow up appointments as appropriate.
- Develop and provide information resources for patients and other health professionals.
- Implement robust working relationships and with Catering Provider, including external dietitian, in house managers and chefs; plan and develop menus for patients.
- Keep accurate patient records ensuring medical staff are informed of patient's current nutritional regimen and to inform referring GPs and consultants of dietary treatment of outpatients.
- Be responsible for maintenance of accurate clinical records including comprehensive progress and discharge reports.
- Degree or Masters in Dietetics
- HCPC registered.
- Well-rounded general clinical dietetic experience including nutrition support and oncology experience.
- Evidence of CPD maintained in a portfolio including attendance at post graduate course/training relevant to clinical specialty.
- Demonstrate working at Masters level (Masters Modules) Degree or Masters in Dietetics.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It's important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Specialist Dietitian, you'll be eligible for:
Diversity and Inclusion
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T's and C's apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We'll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That's why we're happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn't where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this
Specialist Dietitian role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or email@example.com