Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to source a Digitisation Programme Manager for Consultancy work. You must hold a current SC Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these roles.Scope of Work
There is a vast quantity of physical media records on paper, radiographs, microfilm, microfiche, photos and films. Typically, such records are stored in cabinets across 3 x sites. The records hold invaluable, critical information and are utilised across the business. Due to their age, there is a risk to the physical records deteriorating and, due to their physical storage locations, access to them is restricted and long winded.
A Digitisation Programme has therefore been established to provide a digital solution to this historic problem. The Programme will not only provide the capability for scanning of records to a digital format, but also ensure records are searchable, retrievable and provide solution options for the associated User Access to exploit this invaluable information.
This specific PM requirement is to lead the Digitisation Workstream for the Programme. This involves the final set-up of the 2nd digitisation facilities (business process; on boarding a team of 16+ digitisation operatives and establishing any new functional capabilities required). A Project Manager, with proven expertise of successfully delivering to time and quality, in secure environments, is required to lead and help deliver this workstream.
Liaising and working with the Digitisation Programme Manager, the Project Manager will lead the Digitisation Workstream. This will involve all facets of project management, including:
Essential Skill and Experience
- Full PM responsibility and accountability, including planning, scheduling, risk/issue mgmt, finances and budgetary control; resource management; governance gates; change control and all associated project reporting
- PM responsibility for readiness of Site A Digitisation capability (technology, process, people) including the smooth handover to ICKM BAU Teams
- PM responsibility for implementation of additional functionality on Hyland's Onbase software, to support enhanced capability for the Digitisation Operations Team (eg Reporting dashboards; batch OCR)
- PM responsibility for establishment of an in-house 'digitsation on demand' capability
- PM responsibility for establishment of a small team/process to work on migration of existing digital repositories to Hyland's OnBase software
- Liaison with Digital Index Project Team to establish, test and trial Bulk OCR Capability
- Liaison and co-ordination of activities with external Digitisation Consultant
- Liaison and co-ordinates of activities with Third-Party Suppliers (Iron Mountain and Hyland) including commercial SOW, issue and risk resolution, and fortnightly progress meetings
- Attendance at Customer Status Review Meetings and Digitisation Steering Group
- Assist the Digitisation Programme Lead with defining and budgeting future rolling wave digitisation scope and requirements
- Reporting lines into Digitisation Programme Lead
- Qualified PM, with specific experience of implementing new business processes, organisation structures and staff/teams to establish a new digitisation capability
- Hands-on, with a background in business analysis and process implementation (ideal)
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership for all PM responsibilities - including scheduling (production and tracking), finance (budgeting and tracking), change management (schedule and finance), resource and team management, accurate status reporting, successful completion of all associated governance gates and supporting collateral
- Ability to understand the detailed requirements of the project and take hands-on responsibility for the identification and resolution of any blockers, issues or risk
- Attention to detail key. Ability to think outside the box to solve any restrictions or blockers.
- Although not essential any experience within digitisation bureaus - beneficial.
- Any experience of OnBase software - beneficial