We are on a mission to help organisations and their customers thrive in today's fast paced world. To do this we need people who are passionate about making a difference, thinking about problems in different ways, and will go the extra mile to delight our customers.
leighton: Experienced and agile. Trusted by some of the world's biggest brands. We develop and deliver custom software. We use technology to make money, save money, create efficiencies, integrate systems, solve problems. To help our customers thrive. We have a pool of talent. To manage projects. Test to high standards. Create user experiences for every type of user. We include, include, include.
When you join Leighton you'll be part of a diverse but like minded team. You'll work with us, learn with us and have fun with us (only if you want too!). Our customers value working with us and the results that we bring to them. This often means that you can be making a difference to our customers far faster than you could imagine working with other organisationsOur Values
The Leighton purpose and culture defines why and how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues and customers. It makes us unique and provides us with our competitive advantage. Without our values we can't achieve your dreams.
"We help make the improbable, possible, which makes us open to possibilities and this is how we bring our purpose to life.
So why are we hiring?
- We act with honesty and truth, always!
- We nurture our amazing people to be the best version of themselves
- Passionate about what we do, proud of what we achieve
- Our curiosity inspires the amazing
We have some amazing software projects, working with incredible customers and we are looking for the best talent to help us delight our customers with some or all of the below (obviously depending on experience!):
- Turn concepts and requirements into exceptional, highly available, quality web application using industry standard languages and technologies
- Deliver exceptional software solutions to specification and on schedule to provide an engaging customer experience
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels
- Participate on the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work
- Play a proactive part in owning your team's outputs; taking responsibility for code quality, security and scalability, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required.
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes
- Participate in code reviews and embrace peer feedback on your work.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the customer and business stakeholders
We believe successful Software Development is a team game and we pull together, challenge and support each other. We believe we are building one great team at Leighton. In your role you will be working with...
Who are you?
- Software Engineers
- Delivery Team Leader
- Solution Design Team
- Project Delivery Team
- Commercial Team
If you are ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you. "What are you looking for?" we hear you ask...
- Demonstratable commercial experience of working in software development
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrable understanding of one or more backend coding languages
- A good knowledge of Microservice Architecture
- Experience working with Cloud hosting solutions (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- A good understand of version control including Git/SVN
- Experience with OpenShift and working with C# would be advantageous
- Evidence of making an active contribution to your team
- Analytical mind with problem solving skills
- Demonstrable understanding of accessibility best practices
- Some experience of working with QA, automated testing frameworks and testing teams to deliver a quality product would be useful
It's not just about what you know. Whilst we are a diverse bunch, there are a few things we all have in common.
What We Offer
- Open and genuine communicators
- We are adaptable to change
- Able to take responsibility for our actions
- Always learning and wanting to improve, that's why we take responsibility for our own development
- Love what we do
- Value and support our team
- Embrace who we are
- Open minded and willing to explore new ideas
As you will know by now, we are passionate about what we do and proud of what we achieve. But there is more to us than great quality work, big brand customers and amazing people. That is why we support our colleagues with a range of perks to provide a good balance.
- A competitive salary, aligned to your skills and experience
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Earn extra £'s by referring future colleagues, customers and innovative business ideas
- Access a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support with mental, physical and financial well being
- Fruit, Snacks, Tea, Coffee its all on us
- Work/Life fit - why should you have to balance everything you want to do. At Leighton we have flexible hours, remote working and plenty of holidays. Life and Work should fit together.
- We are social - we have learning lunches, five aside football, games nights - you name it, we've done it, or we will do it. Obviously with Covid, our social activities have changed to fit the times, so we have monthly quizzes to keep us all connected.
- We are growing - which means there is lots of opportunity for you to take on new roles, make the role your own, work with new customers or learn new skills.