Main Purpose of Job:
To provide support to the Underwriting teams across the Syndicate and MGA platforms as part of the Operations function, providing insight primarily through data and analysis to management and underwriting stakeholders. In addition, working with the Underwriting Support Manager in the administration of daily activities and running of projects, including development and production of underwriting performance KPIs, supporting the Lloyd's planning process, management of key underwriting documents, and assisting with various change management activities. Key Tasks:
Key Personal Skills Required:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop and produce MI/BI data and reporting insights from multiple sources that serve to enhance measurement of performance against plan.
- Working with the UW Support Manager, IT and the business to enhance consistency of data standards across all underwriting teams through the application of review and continual improvement processes.
- Assisting in maintenance and collation of UW Guidelines, UW Pricing guidelines and UW Authorities for Syndicate and MGA teams, in accordance with Lloyd's Minimum Standards where relevant.
- Working with the Active Underwriter and Finance function to provide MI support to the Syndicate planning process.
- Assisting in various change management activities across both the Syndicate and MGA platforms.
- Acting as project management support where Operations leads or has a significant involvement in such projects.
- Supporting the monthly Peer Review and Data Validation process for reporting accurate figures to the Underwriting Committee.
- Lead the collation and review of Lloyd's PMD submissions for accuracy and liaise with underwriting teams when potential discrepancies arise.
- Assisting in the collation of relevant data for Outwards Reinsurance presentations.
- Supporting all functions of the operations team to work together to the desired outcomes.
- Assisting in the review and reporting of PPL/Electronic Placement usage across the Syndicate for internal and external reporting.
Key technical skills, knowledge and professional qualifications required:
- A self-starter who has experience in liaising with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisation, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, by focusing on timely delivery of quality outputs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people and communication skills who listens and understands the issues.
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations.
This job profile gives your outline duties. However, in an organisation such as ours, it is inevitable that tasks may arise which do not fall within the list of key tasks. Individuals are therefore required to be flexible in their approach and attitude when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in their job profile. Should an additional responsibility become a regular part of the job, the individual should agree a new job profile with their manager.
- Previous experience working within a small / medium environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with other database/reporting tools will be an advantage (e.g., Power BI, Pyramid, Tableau, SQL etc).
- Good knowledge of the London Insurance market, its processes and its regulatory framework specifically where such impact underwriting data and reporting requirements.
- Good administrative skills.