At First Actuarial, we put people and solutions at the heart of our pensions business. We make the complex world of pensions clear and accessible to members, trustees and employers. After 15 years of stellar growth, we are looking to recruit people with the right qualities to join us on our journey and make the most of working for such a positive company.
As a Pensions Administrator at First Actuarial, you'll be dealing with pension scheme members, explaining how their pension works, handling complex calculations and keeping up to date with changes in the world of pensions. Your work will make a real difference, helping us meet our client expectations and communicate effectively with a variety of third parties.Why work at First Actuarial?
Talented employees who are happy to work to the best of their ability for the business and our clients are well rewarded at First Actuarial.
In addition to a competitive salary, private medical insurance, income protection insurance and a pension, we will give you:
Skills and experience
- Flexible working options including some homeworking and flexibility in your working day to accommodate your commute or family commitmentsFull support with training and development opportunities
- Support and reward for professional qualifications - https://www.pensions-pmi.org.uk/qualifications-and-learning/
- An informal working environment and casual dress policy
- A friendly and supportive team. We are looking for the right people to fit our business culture.
- At least 5 years in a DB pensions administration role
- Progression in a PMI qualification or equivalent, or willing to study
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to express complicated ideas in a concise and clear way
- Ability to calculate pensions and interpret scheme rules
- Good awareness of legislative issues
- Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, in line with the responsibilities that the role requires
- Ability to meet client SLAs, contribute to good practice and foster the development of junior team members.
- Good Microsof Excel skills with the ability to set up template calculation tools
You will make an active contribution to team goals, develop your skills and broaden your experience. You will be responsible for
- Providing logical and pragmatic solutions
- Supporting and developing team members
- Preparing helpful and informative documentation
- Talking to pension scheme members, clients and third parties
- Guiding scheme members through their pension journey
- Providing support to the Team Leader and deputising for them when required
- Checking calculations and assisting team members with difficult/non-standard cases
- Attending Trustee meetings and presenting administration reports, or requesting Trustee decisions on discretionary cases when required