Brigade Electronics, established in 1976, is at the pinnacle of commercial vehicle and mobile plant safety. A founder and innovator of sensing and monitoring systems that have helped save countless lives across the globe for over forty years. The Brigade Group organisation is based in the UK and has subsidiary companies in the USA, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, and Poland, and selling into over 80 countries worldwide via our National Distributor network.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for two Product Development Engineer to join our Engineering Team based at our offices on the Questor Estate, Dartford, Kent. This Product Development Engineer position will be mainly focused on the development of Brigade's core commercial vehicle safety and efficiency product range with a strong bias toward electronic engineering. You will need basic knowledge of the technologies behind these products with a good knowledge of the associated engineering principles.
The role will be predominantly at the product level, requiring a good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic & mechanical design, product verification, and validation. The successful candidate will be primarily supplier-facing, managing multiple suppliers and manufacturers in both high and low-cost countries, overcoming cultural and language barriers to deliver the new products in time for the market. You will also be supporting our customers as needed.Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage product development throughout the product lifecycle
- Supplier liaison and management
- Requirements and engineering specification creation
- Product design and design for manufacturing
- Product verification and validation
- Preparation of detailed component technical drawings, documentation and user manuals.
- Aid the customers, sales, and marketing on technical solutions and products support
- LED and LCD display design and Cameras
- Video and audio processing & interfaces
- Digital video & audio recording
- Ultrasonic sensing
- Acoustic alarms
- Analogue and digital circuit design and development
- Micro & digital signal processing systems
- Digital communication protocols e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, RS232 or similar.
- Software & hardware interface & software engineering
- PCB level troubleshooting and product fault finding
If you have a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or equivalent, along with good industry experience we would love to hear from you.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of supplying your application, then, unfortunately, you have not been successful this time. ***We will not need the support of recruitment agencies at this time**