ELECTRONIC DESIGN AND PROJECT ENGINEERELECTRONICS AND ENERGY / BATTERY STORAGE TECHBASED DUNDEE - £35-45,000 PLUS BENS
Headquartered in Dundee, ESS Recruit's client has a proud history over many years in the design and manufacture of electronic products, sub-assemblies and components across a range of industries. The business continues to diversify and do well. A recent joint venture operation means they are moving into the battery and energy storage space, and there are exciting new client and product / projects to come. They are now looking to recruit an Electronic Design and Project Engineer.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Electronics Design and Project Engineer will join a well established team, with extensive mentoring on-site and from abroad. You will take responsibility for electronic engineering projects from sales order receipt, through formal quotation, project roll out, product design and development and test. You can expect to play a key role supporting new and existing clients with technical applications and product development support. Other core responsibilities will include:
- Design Power Electronics
- Experience in High Voltage
- Micro processing control systems
- Define general purpose and special to type test equipment for new products
- Review and assimilate customer technical requirements.
- Convert technical proposals to manufacturing and build programs.
- Liaise with customer and in-house sales staff as required.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Lead internal project management meetings.
- Liaise with Production and Quality to enable introduction of new designs into the manufacturing process.
- Assist as required to resolve manufacturing and test process challenges.
- Work in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements and company safety requirements
The relevant candidate is educated to degree calibre in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. We are able to consider electronic design engineers from a range of industry sectors and experience levels. Ideally, you will have experience of switch-mode and/or resonant power converter design or high and low voltage power supplies. You will have or enjoy having full customer facing experience and taking products from concept design through to volume manufacture.
With the proposed move into battery and energy storage technology, alongside the existing business, this represents a superb opportunity for an electronic engineer to move into this exciting sector and combine it with a project and design based role. A very good base salary of £35-45,000 is accentuated by a comprehensive benefits package. You can also expect some incredible mentoring and coaching from a colleague in Germany who is a super electronics design engineer and at the forefront of the batter and energy storage space.
To apply to this role please send your CV to our recruitment partner Bruce Hydes at ESS Recruit.