Amey Consulting Scotland have design hubs in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, providing a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to construction. We deliver projects throughout Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, construction and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes. Some projects current to our Scotland teams are the development of the A96 Dualling East of Huntly to Aberdeen, Design of the A90/A938 Laurencekirk Junction, the Scottish Trunk Roads Network Management Contract (STRNMC) and a wide range of roads and bridges design schemes on behalf of local authorities throughout Scotland.
Our multidisciplinary teams encompass all aspects of investigation, design and construction of roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM and transport planning schemes. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively within the team, stakeholders and our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions. The Role:
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will support our continued growth and increasing workload through the production of civil designs, and provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled design team
Being an experienced Senior Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it's further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you. In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if:
- Develop designs in accordance with the client's requirements and relevant design standards
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplined project teams
- Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal and assessment reports
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawing specifications and other technical documents
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant stakeholders
- Background specialising in highways design or structural design and maintenance, transportation planning and modelling
- Chartered engineer - MICE, MIHE, MCIHT, MIStructE
- Experience delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads
- Demonstrable experience in roads, structures or traffic and transportation
- Working knowledge of Cycle by design, Roads for all and Sustrans design documents
- AutoCAD, Bentley MX, Civils 3D
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
What else is better about working for Amey?
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves