- Bristol (remote during COVID-19, office based after)Salary
- circa £45,000p.a DOEAbout the role
The role is part of our Development department, designing and implementing quality-check procedures for our products. Automation is a key component of this role to improve customer experience, quality and speed of delivery to new and existing customers. As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for analysing the product features, designing test parameters, creating specific functional and non-functional quality checks. You'll also be automating test procedures for visibility across our teams.
To be successful in the role, you'll have in-depth knowledge of software, systems engineering and product design, an incredible eye for detail, and the ability to think creatively. You'll have skill and experience in writing test and product release plans. Your tests should be automated and continually run to ensure we can continually deliver features to our customers at the highest level of quality possible.
You'll be organised and disciplined to be able to build and manage a growing test suite that covers all our products, both behind the scenes, on the web and those delivered to customers in the form of SDKs.
You'll also assist our development teams as the first point of contact to validate and reproduce issues where escalated from product support.Responsibilities
- Working with the product and development teams to determine product testing parameters.
- Writing test plans and creating test cases for our products.
- Automating the operation and reporting of quality assurance and designing performance tests.
- Troubleshooting any errors and streamlining the testing procedures.
- Documenting solutions and changes.
- Training other development and quality assurance team members and providing technical support when needed.
- Ensuring tests and procedures meet company and industry standards.
- Build automated test and quality reports for teams across the company.
The Test Engineer will need to be comfortable working with and advising on:
- Continuous integration tools such as CircleCI and Jenkins.
- Understanding of the principles of containerisation, Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Familiarity with the role but not operation of a broad set of foundational services which support the YellowDog Platform. SQL and NoSQL databases, messaging systems etc.
- Understanding and appreciation of web services, including HTTP, HTTPS and websocket protocol and REST.
YellowDog enables companies across the globe to power their innovation with the most scalable cloud native scheduler. Businesses can accelerate complex data processes with ease by provisioning compute across multiple regions, availability domains and machine shapes. The YellowDog Platform automates the selection of the Best Source of Compute for every workload, delivering new levels of prediction and efficiency in cost and performance optimisation.
There are multiple uses of our technology, across multiple industries - from Life Sciences, to Financial Services, to CGI and more. Whatever the vertical, we have established a brand known for scaling a business' workloads far beyond what it could achieve on-premise. We have customers in over 40 countries, who are looked after by the team in Bristol.
Venture Capital backed, we pride ourselves in creating an environment we want to work in, offering a career defining role for all individuals. We are looking for new team members who can bring a range of new skills, experiences, and backgrounds to this exciting opportunity.