What makes the difference between a product that's engaging, compelling, and easy to use and one that's frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to help our customers create great experiences. We enable every organisation to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight.
UserTesting will continuously invest in your education with a reserved and generous budget and the tools necessary to do the job the right way. We also provide clear career progression paths, and a number of benefits on top of a competitive base salary.Android Engineer Responsibilities:
We are looking for an Android Engineer/Developer who will have a significant impact on all aspects of our Android app. In short:
- Help our customers build great user experiences by working closely with product and design to discover and build great mobile tester experiences.
- Develop industry leading audio, video and device recording capabilities to allow our customers to see and hear their user's experience.
- Advocate for best practices in code quality, architecture, and design, as well as maintainability and performance.
- Work collaboratively with engineers across a variety of domains and time zones.
- Readily take and give feedback to improve our products, teams, and yourself.
- Promote simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future.
- Advanced programming skills in Kotlin or Java and experience in solving problems collaboratively.
- Experience in applying and promoting industry best practices.
- Enthusiasm for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design and code reviews.
- A detailed approach to writing tests.
- Experience with agile development processes such as Lean/Scrum/Kanban/XP
- Familiarity with flow-based development processes and releasing apps to the Play Store
Ready to embrace and enhance UserTesting's core principles. #GetBetter #DriveResults #CustomersFirst #BeKind #KeepItSimple.Why you'll love working for UserTesting:
We're honoured to be named among the best places to work in 2021, and named in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 List, among a variety of other awards. Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users.
Founded in 2007 and backed by Accel and OpenView, User Testing is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta, Berlin, Oslo and Edinburgh.
Apply now to hear what we can offer you.