Financial Controller - For Goodness Shakes (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
We're For Goodness Shakes and are on the hunt for someone to lead our finance team on a 12 month FTC. It's a great opportunity, you'll be able to bring your skills to the table and show your us passion and energy as part of our small but perfectly formed team.
For Goodness Shakes is the UK's leading ready-to-drink nutrition and protein shake brand selling into the major supermarkets and convenience outlets. On a mission to help people Feel the Good, by producing a range of delicious, functional drinks packed with goodness that help people make better choices and feel GOOD now and in the future.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director and a member of the senior management team, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller who is driven, has meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication and leadership skills to join us.
In return, the Financial Controller will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Leading and working with the Finance Department in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
• Commercial/financial data analytics for the Managing Director, the Senior Management Team, the external Auditors and any other users requiring such information.
• Completion of annual/monthly budgets, forecasts and cashflows and updating these on a monthly basis.
• Management of the monthly payroll for group.
• Management and ensuring the company is at all times tax compliant in respect of all tax heads.
• Continual review of the group's Internal controls and reporting procedures to ensure these are always fit for purpose and updated as required.
• Be an integral member of the Senior Management Team and assisting in all commercial aspects of the group's business and its short, medium and long-term strategies.
• Management of the external audit processes efficiently and to a tight and pre-agreed timeline.
• Work with our Supply and Logistics Manager to ensure accurate stock processes and valuations
• Manage and train one staff member
• Qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Minimum 4 years' experience as a Financial Controller
• Experience in ERP (Navision 2009) Software and D365 is advantageous.
• Experience working in a similar retail/FMCG environment is advantageous.
• Commercial acumen, good judgement
• Excellent team player and highly organized
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to challenge the status quo
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills