About the role:
The role can be based in any of the following locations, Cardiff, Birmingham and Reading. However, as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.Overview
The role of Commercial Cost Modeller is focused on the interrogation and challenge of commercial data, with the objectives of discovering and leveraging useful information, that can be used to support evidence based decision making. The Commercial Cost Modeller is expected to support clients in the analysis of key commercial data and identify levers to drive efficiencies against their current models.Role description:
The Commercial Cost Modeller will be required to support engagement teams with a number of tasks, which are supported through the review and evaluation of supplier data and assessment of complex cost models. Typical examples of these are included below:
- Cost modelling: analysing and challenging client cost models, and creation of 'should cost' models to identify and drive efficiency opportunities. Includes cost analysis, assessing cost drivers such as: labour rates, Indirect / direct costs and escalation.
- Incentive modelling: analysing how the financial and performance incentives of a contract (e.g. pain / gain share, KPIs) could influence supplier behaviour.
- Profit checks: to assess whether suppliers are correctly applying yield rate by assessing errors in cost modelling to ensure that costs are correctly quoted.
- Competitor analysis: to review, compare and challenge supplier and contract cost data to identify potential efficiencies.
- QDC modelling: explores how Qualifying Defence Contracts (QDC) can best apply the information and rights granted under the single source contract regulations to deliver efficiencies and value for money.
- Historical cost benchmarking: assesses what has been paid previously for the same or similar items and uses that information to determine a comparable cost.
- Component cost analysis: breaking down the cost of individual product elements so that they can be challenged.
As a Manager you will be able to resolve unusual and nonstandard problems and issues, is aware of alternative options and approaches to situations, can guide and advise others in this skill and is able to look ahead and anticipate. Displays extensive practical experience and applied knowledge of the subject in a wide range of work situations. Is seen as a role model for others and people will seek their advice. May be involved in coaching or mentoring activities related to this skill.Requirements
We're looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience working as a data analyst in a corporate function
- Knowledge and/or certifications demonstrating capability working with data models and reporting packages (ideally Power BI)
- Ability to analyse large data sets
- Commercial awareness and strong cost modelling skills
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
What is in it for you?
- BPSS or SC security clearances desirable
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BSc, BA)
- Previous experience working within the Defense industry
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You'll therefore be included on our specific Operate training framework, tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you'll complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the role you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership skills.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- Flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs.
- Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.