It's never been a more challenging and exciting time to work in healthcare communications. Artificial intelligence, data-driven insights and tangible tech solutions are all being used to communicate with the public - including patients, healthcare professionals, and media - who are more engaged than ever before. Weber Shandwick is the world's 3rd largest PR/communications agency - the healthcare division in London is the number 1
healthcare communications agency in the UK (by revenue) and has always been on the front foot when it comes to innovation within the industry. Engagement is our currency. No value = no engagement.
We delve deeper to deliver genuine impact, empowering audiences to manage their own health whilst meeting business objectives for our clients.
It's no surprise that big changes call for bold approaches. Healthcare is a serious business, but that doesn't mean campaigns have to be boring. Our diverse team is known for bringing science to life through digital innovation and multi-platform creative work. We handpick the best talent in the industry to include not only science communicators, but also specialists in strategy and planning, and health analytics, digital experts, award-winning creatives, and media experts to name but a few, to help our clients seamlessly navigate the ever-changing landscape. At Weber Shandwick, we push boundaries in health to deliver meaningful outcomes.What's Happening:
The health team is delighted to announce a new role for an ambitious and established Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive level) to help support two of the division's most important healthcare clients. You will work across a range of therapy areas, most notably dermatology and neuroscience (MS), which includes product PR, patient advocacy, and disease awareness campaigns on both a domestic and global scale.Core responsibilities:
- Lead the tactical implementation of projects, ensuring their timely, effective and efficient delivery
- Manage individual client projects including work plans and budgets with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate solid 'all-round' writing skills for a variety of client deliverables and develop drafts of more complex written materials, with appropriate tone and message tailoring for different audiences
- Effectively oversee and actively coach more junior colleagues in the delivery of programme tactics - especially on logistical, administrative, and written tasks
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, completing actions on time and to a high quality (e.g. minimal copy or formatting errors)
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) regulatory framework, as well as of the NHS and major European health systems
- Exhibit media knowledge i.e strong awareness of key healthcare media outlets, reporters, and types of healthcare stories they cover, and have the ability to sell in stories to the media with confidence
- Liaise well with clients on a day-to-day basis to progress tactics and build strong client relationships
- Build and strengthen supplier/media/KOL/patient group contacts and relationships
- Assist with elements of new business proposal development
- Ensure all files to be shared with clients are 'client-ready'. I.e. of high-quality content, free from typographical/formatting errors
- Take responsibility for foundational financial elements of client accounts (e.g. vendor quotes/invoices, PO generation, ongoing cost tracking and reconciliation).
- Ensure that timesheets are completed in a timely manner and in line with contractual and client account requirements
Note from the talent team:
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- At least 2 years' experience in medical/health communications (agency or in-house)
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status