Cognassist is looking for some talented software engineers
Cognassist is the UK's leading cognitive assessment and neurodiversity platform, working with over 100 of the UK's best education providers to transform the lives on learners. 1 in 5 learners in the UK leave education with no basic qualifications. Yes, it's a scary statistic. Whilst we've made significant progress to reduce barriers to education in the UK, we're still failing 20% of our learners.
Specifically, most learning providers, whether they're universities, colleges, adult learning or apprenticeship providers struggle with:
- Easily identifying learners with additional needs
- Supporting those learners to succeed across their educational journey
- Accessing funding to provide that support
That's why we built Cognassist. To help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future.
We're on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Our platform offers a scalable and accessible digital cognitive assessment, personalised learner journeys with over 500 learning strategies and state of the art neuroscience training for learning providers. This year alone we've assessed over 70,000 learners, grown the marketing team by 100% and picked up Global Edtech Start Up of the Year award.The role
We're looking for skilled developers at all levels of seniority who love to create solutions with a passion for what they do. We want people with talent, ideas and a drive to innovate inside a rewarding and fulfilling area.
We want people willing to learn, share and try new technologies and use them to solve problems in ways that even we haven't thought of yet.You'll be responsible for
The skill set
- Designing, building, testing, and deploying elegant solutions.
- Identifying areas of improvement in current systems.
- Contributing to technical direction short, medium and long term.
- Managing and refining your backlog with your team and Product Owners
- Organising and leading your team and cross team activities (role dependent on experience).
We're looking for experienced developers to join the team to help us develop our platform. Ideally, you'd have some of the following.
We're looking for people who have:
- 3 years + experience with .NET related technologies ideally with .NET Core.
- Experience with CI/CD using tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Terraform.
- Experience or familiar with micro-services, containerization and orchestration engines such as Kubernetes.
- Worked with cloud technologies. Ideally Azure. Utilising Azure Functions, Azure Service Bus, Azure Kubernetes Services.
- A good understanding of modern architecture patterns.
- Add good understanding of design patterns such as DDD and TDD and the SOLID principles.
- Worked in an agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum and delivered software increments frequently.
- A good understanding of the complexities of scale.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Development Scheme
- Dental and Optical Cash Back
- Health and Well Being Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme