A Global Commodity Trading House is seeking an experienced and driven Front Office Market Risk Analyst to further strengthen the ETS team. You will be situated in the Front Office Risk team (on the Trading floor), working with the traders on a daily basis covering the trading portfolios and global energy markets. You will be expected to work alongside the finance departments effectively, playing a key role in the development of the middle office function for structured products; taking into account the company's current and future requirements for growth.Key Responsibilities:
- Improve risk analytics for the whole middle office function through scenario analysis and stress-testing models.
- Interact daily with Trading desks and Fundamental analysis teams to facilitate independent analysis and challenge trading strategies
- Understanding in detail the day to day drivers of price volatility and how this relates to the portfolios under your responsibility
- The Implementation of pricing models for valuing and risk managing structured products.
- Ability to collaborate with the front office and finance teams in selecting the required valuation methods and communicating the reasoning behind their selection.
- Understand in detail on a daily basis the positional makeup and the key P&L drivers of the portfolios,
- Recommend and Develop methodologies and tools for the calculation of risk measures for the commodity markets in line with ETS.
- Responsible for the ongoing management and regular monitoring of structured products, their hedges and implement these processes to streamline and automate the programs.
- Tasked with obtaining approval to trade new structured products by collaborating with the internal departments, producing reports outlining the characteristics and underlining the potential risks.
- Produce standard ETS middle office reports on structured products, including P&L and explanation, limit reports and VaR.
- To aid in the development and implementation of the automated and infrastructure projects for the use of Markets
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines.
- 4 years' minumum working in a Commodity Trading House environment.
- Strong level of knowledge and practical experience using VBA Programming, Matlab and Excel.
- Strong Gas, Power, LNG or Oil knowledge
- Experience and understanding of commodity options on physical assets including storage, swing, optimisation, optionality in physical oil terms.
- Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts, including stress-testing, value-at-risk, liquidity adjusted VaR and scenario analysis.
- Previous experience working in the banking, finance or finance sector.
- Strong understanding of options, mathematics and how they are priced.
- Ability to communicate ideas and findings fluently in English (written and spoken).