Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
As a Video Player Principal Engineer, you'll be designing Video Player SDKs for Sky Go/Q, NOW TV and Peacock. Your SDKs will be used by multiple devices such as iOS, Android, Roku, PS4, Xbox, Amazon Fire stick, Youview, LG, Samsung and many more.
- Act as the technical lead to a team of engineers working cross-functionally in an agile environment.
- Be an expert in the domain of Video Players, OTT Video Streaming, DRM and Dynamic Ad Insertion
- Be at the forefront of significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to develop optimal software/system architecture
- Stay on top and drive adoption of advanced features and capabilities where it makes sense.
- Help shape the technical direction and the improvement of tools and processes across the department
What you'll bring:
- A minimum of 5 years software engineering experience
- Experience following coding standards and performing peer code reviews
- Experience of software design and architecture
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.