At Zone we act as a trusted partner to our clients to deliver a world-class digital consulting in the Customer Experience space. We're a lean, nimble digital agency with huge ambitions and proven success delivering huge multi-million-pound projects for our customers. Due to our massive success last year we now have a number of roles within Software Engineer including a position for a senior software engineer with a focus on front end tech.The role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as part of an elite cross-functional team of innovative and highly skilled digital specialists dedicated to delivering high quality, cutting edge projects for some of the world's leading brands and charities.
You will be responsible for site building, development and maintenance and for producing well-documented, beautifully crafted and scalable solutions. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to mentor and manage junior members of the teamMain responsibilitiesFront-end delivery
Front-end process development
- Work closely with designers and developers in order to produce, modify and maintain high quality, cutting edge projects across a range of sizes and budgets.
- You will work across a range of clients in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
- Work in partnership with the design team to integrate designs seamlessly into chosen technologies.
- Accurately cost front-end effort on projects and inform delivery timing plans.
Leadership & management
- Serve as a liaison between UX, design and back-end development teams to develop agency standards.
- Introduce measures to speed up coding efficiency and maintainability.
- Train non-technical staff, particularly designers, and assist us in educating clients.
- To manage one or more junior front-end developers, ensuring that they are inspired and motivated to deliver the best work possible.
- Ensure that everyone you manage has regular appraisals, clear objectives and a career plan to work towards.
- To assist in identifying when additional front-end resources are required and to interview for permanent and freelance staff as necessary.
- Support the head of department in implementing best practice, delivering internal communications and trialling new tools and approaches.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regards to performance, interface design, task automation and web accessibility.
- Promote new technologies to the wider agency and make sound recommendations to our clients.
- Demonstrate a passion for emerging technologies and continually seek to push the boundaries in everything you do.
- Five year's commercial development experience
- Excellent visual design to web skills
- Demonstrable evidence of working with HTML5 and CSS3 features
- Mastery of cross-browser and cross-device code
- Experience of building large-scale sites from the ground up
- Highly experienced in building responsive digital interfaces
- Savvy understanding of UI/ UX principles
- Experience with a range of CMSs: we use Umbraco, EpiServer and WordPress
- People management experience
- Comfortable working within agile, cross-functional teams
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
We have a deep belief in the transformative effect of great customer experiences, and we help some of the UK's biggest brands on their transformational journey. We are practitioner-led and work collaboratively with our clients, so we all go further, faster. Our lean, multi-disciplinary teams deliver value quickly, opening up new possibilities for our clients at pace. We love what we do, and we love working with like-minded teams to deliver compelling products, services and communications.
Zone is committed to equal opportunities for all.