Director of Information Security & Data Protection - £79k Neg - Global Role - Home BasedABOUT THE COMPANY
This internationally recognised charity with a global footprint in over 100 countries, offices in 55 Countries and 25,000 worldwide staff require a Director of Information Security & Data Protection to build a new function and service internationally across member countries and bring them on the security journey.ROLE PURPOSE:
Reporting to the CIO, the primary purpose of this role is to maintain and enhance Information Security and Data Protection compliance to mitigate related risks across the business (global, regional and country offices) and its IT suppliers, and to oversight the Information Security risk, guiding Members to compliance with agreed global standards and a new to be set up shared service. The role will advise the business SLT, Member CEOs and the internal Audit & Risk Board Committee on compliance and risk in these areas.
Initially managing 11 direct reports located across global regions with growth planned - and with dotted lines to IT and DP Security focal points across 50+ country offices and 30+ Members. You will be a key member of the IT Management Team and the TDIT Management Team headed by the Chief Transformation Officer.
You will be responsible for the on-going setting of global standard, regular risk and compliance assessments, data privacy impact assessments, strategic planning and implementation of actions required to maintain and enhance compliance. The role will also provide strong and clear guidance, advice, and recommendation to Members on matters of Information Security and advice as appropriate on Data Protection.
The role will also lead on major incidents relating to Information Security and Data Protection within SCI and will form a key member of the Crisis Management Team for Members and other SCI issues as appropriate.
You will also have a budget responsibility of c.$1.2m direct budget in 2021, and the role will influence IT Service Operation spending of $2-3M globallyABOUT YOUEssential
- Substantial experience of working in an IT Security leadership role, preferably reporting to the CIO
- Experience of working with globally distributed IT teams
- Experience of assessing IT security risks and designing practical and cost-effective action plans to mitigate them.
- Exposure to IT service management processes and tools, in accordance with recognized industry standards such as ITIL.
- Evidence of having operated successfully in a 'matrix' organisation, with global, regional, and country based staff
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- Strong personal, organisational, and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- Ability to build credibility quickly, and communicate with impact, including demonstrable experience of influencing at director and senior management level
- Strong communication skills, in English.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Experience of 'field operations' and the IT Security-related issues associated with working in remote, inhospitable and insecure environments
- Strong understanding of/willingness to learn key trends in international and humanitarian development and how technology can and is being utilised to support these developments
- A second language preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic.
LOCATIONThis role can be based anywhere, but candidates must be willing to travel to the UK (London) at thier own cost.
- An international role from the comfort of your home
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme Start from 5% to 13.5% Employer contributions
- Truly great charity.
For more information and immediate consideration , or a confidential discussion, apply today or get in touch