Job Title: Junior DeveloperJob type: PermanentLocation: Based in the UK
At comma we know that our people are our biggest asset, therefore we are committed to hiring individuals who can embrace and embody our relaxed, family feel culture. We are conscious of creating a diverse and inclusive team and want to hire people into Comma who we can empower and progress. We are aware that you may not meet every single requirement on this advert, but we would encourage you to apply or reach out to one of the team as a lot of us did not begin our careers at Comma as experts.Location of role:
This role will be client facing during and during 'non covid times' will primarily be based in our Warwick offices and remote working with occasional travel to client sites across the UK and potentially mainland Europe. The role will be remote until our offices re-open again.Who we are:
Comma are a specialist Master Data Management and Information Management consultancy. Comma believes in being fully immersed in every organisation that we undertake a programme of work with, imparting knowledge at the same rate we absorb it - reciprocal learning is at the core of what we do. We are serious about providing a delivery service that puts the client first and ensures their data and content works for them in perfect harmony.Roles, Responsibilities and Experience:
The Junior Developer role at Comma is a technical role, with main responsibilities centring around the design, configuration and development of MDM and PIM solutions to the client's requirements/specification.
The Junior Developer will be responsible for the design and development of extensions to 'out of the box' MDM and PIM solutions. They will also be responsible for providing documentation relating to the delivered extensions throughout the project and will be key in identifying any changes that may need to be made to the client specification in line with the configuration. Comma work with a number of software platforms in the MDM and PIM space and the majority of client configurations will require an element of extension to these platforms that are bespoke to the client. Developing such extensions will require skills in C# and/or Java, as well as more general skills in software design and delivery.We are looking for a Technical Specialist who:
What we will offer you:
- Must have development experience, with C# (preferred) and/or Java.
- Competent in writing server-side code
- Experience working collaboratively in development teams
- Proficient in source code management and application deployment (familiarity with platforms such as GitHub, BitBucket or similar)
- Ideally with experience of implementing at least one solution associated to Product, Customer or Location data.
- Opportunity to work on our Vue.js and Azure platform
- Must have experience of working on solutions in complex IT landscapes and integration between platforms.
- Must have a grounding good database / structure design to assist in the evaluation and creation of scalable data models.
- Retail experience is a plus but not essential.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to the client's needs.
- Able to participate in & contribute to client workshops if required.
- Effective communicator.
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- 3% matched pension
- Vitality healthcare, life cover and membership benefits
- Competitive salary
- Distributed team with accommodating environment
- Supportive, team-oriented culture
- Company away days & regular staff events
- Accelerated career progression
- Strong opportunities for development
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Comma's People and Projects Executive Naomi Cruden on LinkedIn.
*Comma Group do not accept CV's from agencies*