Senior SOC AnalystCity of London; full-time; permanent.
Redscan is an award-winning cyber security company specialising in managed threat detection and incident response.
Due to rapid growth in the market, we are undergoing an exciting period of expansion and looking for a Senior SOC Analyst to join our team in London.
This Senior SOC Analyst role will be an integral member of the Security Operation Centre conducting in-depth investigations on major incidents. They will help identify, implement and document appropriate methodologies and provide instruction to more junior members of the SOC team in delivering these areas to customers.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of SOC in providing Day to Day management of SOC Analysts and associated activity.
- Assist the Head of SOC in maturing Incident Response and Threat Hunting methodologies.
- Carry out in-depth investigation on security events, raise incidents and support the Incident Management process.
- Support Shift Analysts in delivering real time proactive monitoring and response.
- Provide remote incident response activities and advice, to support customers during and immediately after security incidents.
- Produce and maintain operational processes and procedures.
- Maintain and improve SIEM correlation rules and Endpoint Protection detections.
- Supporting multiple customer environments concurrently.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data and network traffic from a large number of monitoring points.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a passion for security and enjoys solving problems.
- Experience working with SIEM systems
- In-depth knowledge of the security threat landscape
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of investigation techniques to determine security incidents
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in mentoring and training Junior Analysts.
- Industry standard certifications such as: Cisco Cyber Ops, CREST CRT, CREST CCT, OSCP, CHECK, GIAC GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GNFA.
- 3+ years' experience as a Cyber Security Analyst or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Programming and scripting experience.
- Experience of working in an MSSP/MDR SOC environment.
- Ongoing training and development
- Career opportunities both in the short and long term
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- 33 days holidays per annum (Inc BH's)
- Fun working team atmosphere
- Shopping discounts
- Regular team social engagements