Millbrook Group provides vehicle test, validation and engineering services to customers in the automotive, transport, tyre, petrochemical, defence and security industries. It is independent and impartial in everything it does.
It has a range of test facilities for components and full vehicles. These include varied indoor and outdoor test tracks in the UK and Northern Finland, engine dynamometers, environmental chambers, crash laboratories and advanced emissions chassis dynamometers.
Millbrook's employees are passionate about safety, customer service and technical excellence, making them ideal partners at any stage in the development and launch of the vehicles of tomorrow.
We place great emphasis on ensuring we have a pipeline of new talent within the STEM disciplines. Millbrook is committed to giving these essential learning experiences to Future Talent, preparing them in the best way possible to enhance career prospects and ready them to improve technologies of the future.
The placement will involve time spent in our diverse business units designed to help you develop a range of skills and experience. We have 2 vacancies within our Test Service's area of the business for 2021, these are:Vehicle Technician (Job reference CO APP 2) - Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician, 48 month placement Engineering Technician (Job reference VG APP 7) - Level 3 Engineering Technician, 36-42 month placement
The Apprentice Technician's will learn about automotive technology and the testing of all types of vehicles in a research and development environment. Expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Training will take place alongside various skilled technicians and engineers, plus attendance at college to gain relevant qualifications up to HND.
Potential for promotion to the role of Technician following appropriate training / development and may also progress onto other engineering roles. Person Specification Qualifications
- To have 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science at grades C or level 4 and above (required)
Skills & Personal Behaviours
- No experience required but an interest in vehicles and engineering is essential
- Competent IT skills (mainly MS Office including Word & Excel)
- Excellent communication including customer facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work and a keen desire to achieve academically
- Team player and a mature approach to work
- Ability to use initiative and to problem solve
- Flexible and self- driven
- Positive autonomous attitude
To view full job description, please visit the careers page on our website.https://www.millbrook.co.uk/careers/apprenticeship-scheme/To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference number you are applying for. Closing date for applications is 22nd February 2021, with Virtual Assessment Centre's taking place in April 2021. Successful candidates will start in September 2021.
- Monday - Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm, 40hr per week with 'attendance' to College in DUNSTABLE or MILTON KEYNES
- The post holder will need to hold or be in application of a full UK drivers licence
- Own transport or the means to get to and from work & college is essential as public transport is not available to Millbrook's site
- Working Environment office/workshop/lab/track
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check